Even stranger...

Dick Smith

On the 2nd April 2007, I reported/complained about another forum members signature.  I had some correspondance with a mod, who told me something would be done about the whole signature problem. Many members including myself had made our feelings clear we didn't want Miki banned, but this other members signature was clearly goading Miki and as he couldn't respond, I felt this unfair.

Anyway, my last correspondance with the mod happens to be on 3/4/07, the day Cassis had his signature changed and new password sent.  Coincidance?

BTW it wasn't Cassis I complained about.

Although I have a fence stake securly fixed up my b*cks*de on this one, it is now surely time that Admin' did reply to Cassis and others?  Then it can hopefully be firmly put to bed.  Would it help, mods, if more members with no axe to grind, pm'd admin and suggested this as you seem to be having no luck?

[quote user="cooperlola"]

A good tip for security Ian.  I too use different e-mail addresses.  However, if I now sent you an e-mail using the mail button on your post, you would get an e-mail from me at your LF address.  If you thought I were an honest person (which you might!) then my point is that if you replied direct I would then have your LF e-mail address, wouldn't I?

[/quote]

No.

Because my e-mail client is set up with a number of accounts which

do not include the e-mail addresses I use to log-on to e.g. LF forums

(and the loads of other accounts). In effect the LF e-mail address

is a "receive only" (though this is through how my e-mail

client is configured not anything to do with the address routing

itself. My reply would come from a different address - which you

would then know but would not work to logon to LF (as me).

Ian

[quote user="Dotty "]

On the 2nd April 2007, I reported/complained about another forum members signature.  I had some correspondence with a mod, who told me something would be done about the whole signature problem. Many members including myself had made our feelings clear we didn't want Miki banned, but this other members signature was clearly goading Miki and as he couldn't respond, I felt this unfair.

Anyway, my last correspondence with the mod happens to be on 3/4/07, the day Cassis had his signature changed and new password sent.  Coincidance?

BTW it wasn't Cassis I complained about.

[/quote]

Dotty, I'm sorry but that is factually incorrect. It was the 17th that Cassis problem occurred. I am not revisiting the Sig matter again but the mods have been told that the question of Sig's is on the agenda 'for review'.

As I said earlier all this guesswork is getting us nowhere and as discussing the administration of the forum is against the Code of Conduct I suggest anyone with further comment or questions contacts either a Moderator (If its me please be aware I shall be out until mid PM) or Admin. When we have something factual to tell you about this matter, believe me, we will be thrilled to let you all know.

I'm going to lock this thread, at least temporarily.