Weeble

Chris Head

I only made my daft reply (indicating the legendary resilence against the slings and arrows etc. of Weebles,) because I thought this would be deleted. [6]

I'm not wild about people deleting their old posts, but starting a thread to insult someone about it isn't on.

I don't know. I always thought that 'Forum Stalking' was when you followed someone from thread to thread and made nuisance or other posts every time they posted. I didn't notice it happening, so I think it was an over-reaction somewhere. Real stalking is presumably when someone gets hold of email and other addresses and starts contacting you inappropriately - that happened to Miki and I (and some others such as TeamedUp) a few years ago. It's not something I'd worry about much.

[quote user="Veritas"]I think Weeble's  realised that if you post lies and defamatory comments about someone on a public forum, those comments might actually be read by that person. That's why she's got the wobbles.[/quote]Nah - I only posted truth, but unfortunately too much truth - I'm too honest, whereas other people just sneak around watching what you post and then use the information to try to cause problems, no matter who it hurts - even the children in the family affected.  The kind of person who can spy on someone in that way for more than a year, quite frankly frightens me.  One lives and learns and I will never be so trusting again. 

Still, if the person I wrote about can recognise themselves then perhaps other people might (even the children one day), as unlikely as that might seem on an anonymous forum, so the best action for me to take was to remove all info that might identify me - and therefore the person concerned.  I'm fair - if I wanted to publicly humiliate someone with the truth, I'd just contact the newspapers and provide proof.

Did you change your mind on New Zealand then?

Seems strange to me that a new poster should come in with such a strong comment about a long time poster.........I should watch your back weeble, but then you will only wobble and not fall down![Www]