Is it my imagination....

Or is the forum being very slow (again).

For example, to get this new post screen took about 3 minutes, with about 2 minutes of blank white screen, after about 1 minute of the previous screen and a very slowly moving progress bar.

& no, it is not my computer - every other site I try works as expected.

Time for a tidy-up or have ghosts in the machine (you know, Miki and cohorts..)

This and another forum I'm on have been really slow recently, plus a couple of sites, in particular Photobucket, have been awful.  I think the entire internet's been under strain in the last couple of weeks. Are the spammers having a field day at the moment, or are there an inordinate number of those awful round-robin e-mails going about the place?

[quote user="Clair"]I have flagged the problems already.
It seems Admin ahs been out of the office this week and as it's a Bank Holiday weekend, I can't see anything happening before next week... hopefully...
[/quote]He always picks a good time to be out of the office!! Does he have a bunker which he retires to when things get bad?  Just a suggestion and not meant in a horrible way at all.  Can't he log onto the internet from time to time when he's "out of the office" and keep an eye on these things?  I think I would if I ran a site like this.

[quote user="cooperlola"][quote user="Clair"]I have flagged the problems already.

It seems Admin ahs been out of the office this week and as it's a Bank Holiday weekend, I can't see anything happening before next week... hopefully...

[/quote]He always picks a good time to be out of the office!! Does he have a bunker which he retires to when things get bad?  Just a suggestion and not meant in a horrible way at all.  Can't he log onto the internet from time to time when he's "out of the office" and keep an eye on these things?  I think I would if I ran a site like this.[/quote]

I get the impression he has a 'proper' job within the company and that the forum is in addition to it.

I don't know for sure, just my impression...

I am not technically minded, but theer seems to be a cycle to this problem (slow, normal, slow again...) and I am wondering if it could eb linked to one of the servers used to back up the forum... Does that make sense?[blink]