Signing In

same for me. I used to stay logged in forever, but often find myself logged out after a period of forum inactivity.

I wonder if it's got anything to do with the changes after the forum migration to .NET 2.......[IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Sleepy/asleep-047.gif[/IMG]

[quote user="PeterG"]This has been happening to me on my home computer. I was having to sign back in every time I had navigated away from the page.

Funny thing is though, it has not effected my office computer.[/quote]

This sounds like a cookies setting problem.

• 2 weeks later...

The very same thing is happening to me, a couple of days ago I signed out ( stupidly ) and ever since I have had to sign in every time I come to the forum and accasionly if I leave it for 10 mins it logs me out again!

Have other solved this problem?

After I had this problem I cleared mt temporary internet files just incase this was the problem, but it is still happening[:-))]

Chipie

I mentioned this problem some few weeks ago. It seemed to develop when the site was experiencing a number of problems. What it boils down to is that the box you tick asking to stay signed-in, no longer works. Perhaps a wire has come off at the back? (joke) 

I have the same problem, every time I leave the Forum I have to log in again, having just switched back to IE 6 from Firefox because I could not do my tax return on line with Firefox, (no security certificates listed) thought it wasan IE problem, but its only with this Forum,  on others the keep me signed in or log in automatically seems to work.  I wonder if changes jave been made to the sign in automatically buttonn since the "sausage" incident?

So it sounds as if it has not been resolved, it is very annoying[:-))][:-))]

I have not loged out for months so I don't know if it it is related to any peticular event

Can someone tell me if it is a forum fault or my computer, if it is my computer then I can get it resolved, but if it is a forum fault then I think admin could shed some light on why its happening and when they can put it right[:)]

Chipie