Server Issues

I have found it impossible to enter this site via my normal favourites link. However, the method I am currently using is to go into http://www.livingfrance.com/ then click on Forums agree the terms and hay presto I am in. The strange thing is I am log in with this route whilst with my favourites link if I get in, I am logged out.

Baz

[quote user="Baz"]

I have found it impossible to enter this site via my normal favourites link. However, the method I am currently using is to go into http://www.livingfrance.com/ then click on Forums agree the terms and hay presto I am in. The strange thing is I am log in with this route whilst with my favourites link if I get in, I am logged out.

Baz

[/quote]

Same for me, although I get;

Server Error in '/' Application.

In big red letters at the top of every screen.

Here in Archant country in Norwich, the websites of both the Eastern Daily Press and the Evening News have been periodically off-line over the last day or so.

Can somebody at I.S. confirm that these problems are down to out-dated equipment being used by one of the country's leading media groups?  

[quote user="Mel "]

Here in Archant country in Norwich, the websites of both the Eastern Daily Press and the Evening News have been periodically off-line over the last day or so.

Can somebody at I.S. confirm that these problems are down to out-dated equipment being used by one of the country's leading media groups?  

[/quote]

Unfortunately we can't confirm that ;)

The recent instablity was actually down to the introduction of a new, state-of-the-art network storage system - and a resulting critical problem with our Windows webservers. We've been working with both the storage system manufacturer and Microsoft's product support engineers to resolve the problem and have just completed live testing on a hot fix designed to work around some of the restrictions in the Windows networking specifications.

So far so good, and stablity seems to be returning to the server farm!

There may be more issues over the next week or so as we migrate more of our sites across to the new systems but we obviously work to minimise any disruption by conducting the majority of work out of hours.

Regards,