Does anyone actually answer forum queries?

Goosey

I only ask because I've sent numerous emails via the 'forum moderator contact' route and none have been answered.

If any of the great and good are out there: can anyone please tell me why my (previous) email address has been 'disapproved'?

It'd be polite to answer at least wouldn't it?

Goosey

I believe you contacted a moderator a couple of days ago and that he has replied.

In case you have not seen the reply, I am going to send you a PM now.

Do post again if you do not receive it.

Personally speaking, I have not received any message from you.

Just to confirm what Clair has said.

You sent me a PM on the 19/09 at 00:12. I replied to your PM on the 19/09 at 07:23 informing you that I would check with my fellow moderators. I then sent you a further PM at 10:34 giving you an explanation and an offer to help you resolve the issue. I received no reply from you and neither did the moderator who initially contacted you three times back in August.

We can't help you if you don't read your PM's or at least have the courtesy to reply to them. If you had answered the PM's you received then you may not be experiencing your current problems. That aside I am still willing to help you if you read the PM I sent you and let me know what you would like to do.

Not at all Benjamin.  That link is actually the one to my own PMs [:-))]

The key is the /user/ part of the URL, which is a variable for each members unique log-on details.  So everyone is able to read their own (and only their own) PMs using that link. It is the same URL you will find in your browser address line when you access your own PMs.

[quote user="Will"]Just a thought, if the user's previous e-mail address has been 'disapproved', then it  is unlikely he/she can log in to read messages? I note this was the first post as 'Goosie', so the user must have an old screen name he/she cannot use?[/quote]

No Will it was sent in reply to his PM to me using his current login name. All alerts will go to the email address he has used for his new login. It can't be the old one as it is disapproved and is linked to his old login name (duplicates are not allowed by the system when an email account is disapproved). However just because he may not have received an alert he still could have checked his PM's for a reply from his current login. It's quite possible of course that he has a junk mail filter which has rejected the alert email which would bounce to the system and not the originator of the PM.

Quillan

I think you have acted in a fair and generous way and now the ball is in the other person's court.  Just thought I'd send this message of support because I think it's good for you moderators to know that, whilst we may not be be praising you every other day (want to keep you on your toes), the odd vote of confidence is definitely in order! 

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Quillan

I think you have acted in a fair and generous way and now the ball is in the other person's court.  Just thought I'd send this message of support because I think it's good for you moderators to know that, whilst we may not be be praising you every other day (want to keep you on your toes), the odd vote of confidence is definitely in order! 

[/quote]

Why thank you Sweet 17 [:$]. All in a days work.

Unfortunately Forum Admin has another job within the group and only spends a short time carrying out Admin duties hence the use of unpaid moderators. It may well be that Forum Admin has not had the time to read your message. Perhaps you might consider sending your PM to one of the moderators direct. As you can see from this thread alone we do action things in a reasonable time frame.

Goosey - Le Jars

I have done as you request (I did it last night) and sent emails (not PM's) to both your email address's that you use for this forum. I have recieved the following message from both your address's

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed. [email protected]

I have deleted your email address for obvious reasons.

Anyway you can now login as Le Jars using the same password connected with that account as before. Your login of Goosey has been banned under the dual login rules as per the PM I sent you (nothing sinister).

My apologies for discussing this issue in public but because of the above message I could not think of any other way of bringing this to your attention.

Q

[quote user="Le_Jars"]Thank you.

I don't understand the problem with my email address(es). I get messages from everybody else, and as I said, I get notifications from this site when people reply to my posts ????

Oh well.  :)
[/quote]

I have recieved the following message from the Archant server this morning.

Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server.

The email address concerned was for the Le Jars account.