A new one on me!

JayJay

Server Error in '/cs' Application.

A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the pre-login handshake.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.)

Never had this message before, but chuckled about the handshake.[:D] I take it there were log in problems for all.

That's really odd. I got a slightly different message.

A connection was successfully established with the server, but

then an error occurred during the pre-login Big Sloppy Kiss and Proper

English Cuddle.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may

be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does

not allow remote connections....

I got this message

A connection was successfully established with the server, but then some daft idiot pressed the wrong button and everything went tits up.   When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections....

Honest[:P]

Well the message must be very personalised, I got

A connection was successfully established with the server, heaven only knows what went wrong but it'll take more than a handshake to kiss and make up.   When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that  SQL Server is really MS Access in sheep's clothing and whilst it claims to be scalable it always causes problems on bigish applications.  It does not remotely allow connections that a proper database like Oracle or even Sybase would but they cost a bit more so there....

Honest[:P]

Any error page is normaly only a numbered block of text in an html or dat file or a numbered text file that is returned when the number matches a certain integer.

You just edit the text in notepad or something to whatever you like.
Do a search on google for funny 404 errors and you should get pages of hits.

Id say the one above was left by a leaving or disgruntled member of staff