Online or not ?

Frenchie

[quote user="woolybanana"]It is possible with some software but I dont think it can be done with this one. Why one would want to know though is a mystery unless one were trying to avoid someone.[6][/quote]

What a suspicious banana you are.

Now sometimes you can see if someone is on line ! If you take a look at the tough beef thread you will see that I have a blue ball glowing, if you pass your cursor over it it will tell you I am in line, If you can see it , post again and I will tell you how I did it!

[quote user="Frenchie"]yeahhh, so that explains my initial question..[/quote]

The answer is no. If someone posts or edits a post, their 'ball' lights up, but it only lasts a few minutes, and they may be gone before you notice.

That's it. There's no other way of telling if someone is online.

Unless the mods know different.[6]

This is the only forum in the owl wild world (to borrow an expresion from Mr Nix) that has such limited information for forum members.

I will resist the temptation to mention the rubbish search function (again).

Oooops.

I think the software is capable of doing it because if you go into edit your details and just change something ( like put an extra space in your name ,which is what I did) it will light up your blue ball for a short time , so it can work, but I don't know why it cant work all the time!!

Edit: we must have been posting at the same time!

Wall paper partly stripped now