Links in posts

Mutiara

Why is is that in some post,  links to websites (either in signatures or in the main message content) show up as blue clickable links , whereas in others they stay as ordinary text that is not clickable? Is it my PC settings or is it something I can change in my profile???

In other words how can I make a website link clickable in a post? Or better still have a link that says click Here?

Thank you Sunday driver - that anwers half of my question, but what about signatures then, as they don't show up in the message box when typing a reply.

I noticed for instance that Quillans signature is not highlighted but other posters signatures are.???

I thank you too [:D]. Can you also explain how some people can encapsulate a link within a word. For instance they say you will find that information "here" and that is in blue, without the inverted commas.

It is lovely to know this stuff, so you look as if you know what you are doing.[8-|]

[quote user="Jamesdee"]I thank you too [:D]. Can you also explain how some people can encapsulate a link within a word. For instance they say you will find that information "here" and that is in blue, without the inverted commas.

It is lovely to know this stuff, so you look as if you know what you are doing.[8-|]
[/quote]

just do what Sunday driver said... highlight the text here ( in this case, the word "here") and click on the create link button on the toolbar above the box you are typing in as you write the text. Copy or write the URL of the link you want the text to point to and press OK.

When you post the message, the word here is blue and contains the link to whatever you chose.

Sorry if that is too much/little information but you did not seem to understand and I have just paraphrased what SD said

Danny

The post has been hijacked slightly and so there still does not seem to be an answer to my earlier question on how to make signatures clickable. I understand Sunday Drivers explanation for text, but how does one do it for signatures which are created in your profiles??

Like the temp signature I have created below for this site - why isn't it blue??? When creating signatures there is no obvious hyperlink button to create a link, as there is above while I am typing this.

[quote user="Mutiara"]

Thank you Sunday driver - that anwers half of my question, but what about signatures then, as they don't show up in the message box when typing a reply.

I noticed for instance that Quillans signature is not highlighted but other posters signatures are.???

[/quote]

Can't answer that one Mutiara. It appears to me that the only people who have clickable signatures (if that's what you mean) happen to be Cooperlola or moderaters. This might have something to do with it... and you know that they have special powers.

Danny

[quote user="Jane and Danny"]

Can't answer that one Mutiara. It appears to me that the only people who have clickable signatures (if that's what you mean) happen to be Cooperlola or moderaters. This might have something to do with it... and you know that they have special powers.

Danny

[/quote]

Nothing like that! [:D]

all it takes is some HTML... [Www]

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="Jane and Danny"]

Danny

[/quote]
Nothing like that! [:D]
all it takes is some HTML... [Www]
[/quote]

aha! just like this you mean...

Danny

I have magic powers, deffo!! (No, seriously, Cat did it for me!![:D])

A word about the instructions above.  When you use the hyperlink facility, it already has //http in it.  What happened to me for ages (before I twigged what was wrong - or somebody told me) was that //http was appearing twice, so no matter how hard I tried this just never worked - so you have to delete one of them, before this facility functions at all.[I]

Mutiara, here is the html code you use in the box where it says signature if you want to make it a link

Copy it exactly and change the appropriate bits for yourself

<a href="whatever site address you want to link to">text which is visible as your signature</a>

Danny

PS EDIT My illusions of Clair and Cooperlola's superiority have been shattered!

Sorry to have hijacked your post Mutiara, just saw an ideal chance to ask my stupid question.

Thanks for the information everybody. Despite my obvious stupidity you were all remarkably restrained to the new boy on the block, I thank you for your courtesy. [:)]