Missing posts/Triplicate post problems

Cat

There seems to be a problem at the moment with posts being replicated across all of our web servers, resulting in duplicate and triplicate posts. We're deleting them as we find them, and will bring it to the attention of the techie boffins.

If you post something, and it doesn't seem to work, give it a few minutes, and refresh your browser.  Please don't keep hitting the post button to try to re-post the same message.  You will end up posting multiple copies.  It has probably been sent, it just hasn't waddled its way through all the web servers.

It certainly seems to be running very slowly. Just looking is not so bad, but posting takes forever. I have found I need to copy everything before hitting the 'post' button, because more often than not I get a time-out error and have to start again (though occasionally the post does in fact appear despite the error message).

When you post, just leave it even though it takes an age, if you get an error message click the Back button and try again - it usually works, but I'm not guaranteeing it.[:(]

There is a message for admin in the mods section, so hopefully admin will be able to bring the matter to the attention of IT.

If one does what you suggest, R/H, then it duplicate posts!  What seems to be happening is that it says it hasn't posted when it has.  As I say, if one opens another browser, it becomes obvious that the message has been posted after all.  I'll see if I can get this to happen now...