AGAIN (1)

Chancer

Logged out again twice today, the last time "access denied" message shown twice when trying to log in, still logged out of main forum page but logged in to some sub-forums like this one.

Its getting very confusing, one minute I need my glasses to read a page the next (larger typeface when logged in) I dont.

[quote user="Russethouse"]You can start threads until you are blue in the face, until the tech guys answer the mods, we can't tell you the problem.  I know its frustrating but rest assured we have raised the issue several times.....as soon as we know, you'll know.[:)][/quote]

Just a thought have you tried deleting your cookies for this site, it may just solve your problem. At times the wrong cookies can cause immense problems, I have all my cookies automatically deleted once a day except ones I ask not to be removed. CCleaner.com is an excellent programme for this as well a keeping your computer clear of nasties.

Baz

Have you been able to see all the icons for posts over the last couple of weeks Baz?  Can you for example see this if you click on it http://www.completefrance.com/cs/Themes/default/images/topic-popular_notread.gif ?  It may be there the first time, but could you try refreshing (F5) say 15 or 20 times and let me know if you see the icon each time?  A lot of us are having the same problem with getting logged out, and it would help to know if it is simply a cookie problem or not.

I'm suspecting a problem with the one or more of the new webservers that were brought online a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks [:)] 

[quote user="Clair"]As a test, I have been using IE instead of Firefox as my browser since yesterday and I can report that I too have been logged out.
It has never happened with Firefox though... [blink][8-)][/quote]

Now that I find really interesting as I only use IE and I have not been logged out at all. I have noticed sometimes there are small red crosses instead of boxes and banners but that is all.

Sue

It really is horrible when you are in the midst of an interesting discussion with a couple of members and the thing locks you out with the arbitrariness of a despot.

But, the next day, the excellent James comes to your rescue and all is as before!  Sometimes I wish the rest of life's problems are as easily solved!

Wow! Now I'm really scared. My computer is my lifeline to the rest of the world. Luckily my other half installed  'firefox' (what ever that means) and I've had no problems at all. My knowledge of all things mechanical is legendary. I knew a man who fixed things for me but.....