This Site is now Unusable

Gardian

After a month or so of complaints over the need to sign on again at regular intervals, the problem persists.

Coupled with a speed of response which regularly sends me to sleep, it has to be said that nobody appears to be listening.  Just seen a 'pop-up' advert saying "Need a holiday??"  Sure do, after messing around on here.

So, (and at the risk of shouting):

WHEN IS SOMEONE GOING TO SORT IT OUT?  

[quote user="Gardian"]

After a month or so of complaints over the need to sign on again at regular intervals, the problem persists.

Coupled with a speed of response which regularly sends me to sleep, it has to be said that nobody appears to be listening.  Just seen a 'pop-up' advert saying "Need a holiday??"  Sure do, after messing around on here.

So, (and at the risk of shouting):

WHEN IS SOMEONE GOING TO SORT IT OUT?  

[/quote]

Could be happaning for a reason,

Think about it

I have seen it on other sites.

Thanks for all the suggestions folks.

Needless to say, I was able to log on tonight without a problem.  Makes you feel like a complete *******.  Anyway, I'll settle for that if the problem (wherever it is) can be overcome.  Thanks all. 

Do I sense the hand of mischief [6]

For the first time in weeks I've just had to sign in again [:-))]

I successfully posted a reply to another thread about 15 minutes ago then, when reading another, realised that I was reading it Oldest to Newest when my preference is the opposite, an instant sign that I'd been logged out, and and sure enough I had [8-)]

I am still getting thrown out at irregular but frequent intervals, amongst the needling replies that I got to my appeal for help like "get a life"  and "people moaning of no water when they could have walked to the river" was something about cookies.

Well if someone could tell me what to do about these "cookies" I would be glad to walk to the river and try and solve my problem but as I dont even know what one is, I need help please (on the reasonable asssumption that the forum having done notheing yet are not likely to)not sarcasm[:)]

Well I've tried various pieces of advice given here and still am logged off most of the time. Other forums I use are perfectly ok.

I've started counting new posts, for the last 5 days, using the Active facility, and they seem to be lower than usual. ie  41, 65 (more normal), 32, 27, and 41 per day.

I have had to sign in from time to time, I use IE6, its annoying but not anything as bad as it used to be.  The reason for the drop in postings could be, better weather, down turn in property market, no new Place in the Sun's featuring France, lighter evenings, the schools both French and English are back, the tax issues are mainly resolved and the furry people have had their fun and buggared off again[I]

[quote user="Patf"]I've started counting new posts, for the last 5 days, using the Active facility, and they seem to be lower than usual. ie  41, 65 (more normal), 32, 27, and 41 per day. [/quote]

Tues 13/05: 77 posts

Wed 14/05:77 posts

Thu 15/05: 67 posts

Fri 16/05: 85 posts

Sat 17/05: 48 posts

Sun 18/05: 89 posts

How does that compare to say last year , or even 2 months ago befor all the frustrating log in problems started Clair?

I have posted before that I thought the forum was far less active and had lost critical mass, Ron replied in a similar way citing quality over quantity which I agree with but I also feel that the number of postings have again dropped.

I was told to be patient, get a life/hobby etc when I first raised the issue but nothing still seems to have been done, I have been logged out once again this morning, actually also last night which made me terminate so I had to log in twice this morning

For those with bad vision like me who have adjusted the text size (which is the main reason I use this forum rather than others, I can read it easily) find themselves effectively blinded when unknowingly logged out as the text size diminishes, someone else complained about it recently.

As for cookies, having now found out (I think) that they are used to save user names /e-mail address/passwords to enable easier log in easier to sites, if I delete them I will have difficulty logging in to all other sites/banking etc as my computer wil not remember them.

What I find ironic (if I understand cookies correctly) is that if this site functions correctly the cookies take care of the log in, as it doesnt I have to re-enter my very long (but too late to change) E-mail address every time, if I delete the cookies surely I will then have to do this every time and moreover for all the other sites? - Can you understand my reluctance?

I am no computer expert and have no interest in being so, I just want to learn about France and hopefully help others on a forum that I can easily read that has a good amount of interesting postings, like this one used to be[:)] -  a bit sarcastic but please tell me if I am mistaken through being frustrated  and that the number of postings has not diminished.

There also to me seems to be many people whose postings that I enjoyed that to me are conspicous by their absence, surely thay cant have all been banned? Perhaps that is just the nature of forums but I dont recall any of these getting in to arguments or having postings pulled, they seemed to have a genuine interest like me so where have they gone and why?

I haven't quite figured this out yet (not being a computer whizz either, myself,) but there do appear to be options to allow cookies on specified sites only.  Click on "Tools" (top right hand side of your toolbar, on IE), "Internet Options", "Privacy" then "Sites".  How one actually does this is still a mystery to me but  there may be somebody on hand who can do this....[geek]

[quote user="J.R gone native"]

I had to log in twice this morning .......... Same for me .......... [:@][6]

As for cookies, having now found out (I think) that they are used to save user names /e-mail address/passwords to enable easier log in easier to sites, if I delete them I will have difficulty logging in to all other sites/banking etc as my computer wil not remember them.

I experienced this recently, it is annoying indeed.....

What I find ironic (if I understand cookies correctly) is that if this site functions correctly the cookies take care of the log in, as it doesnt I have to re-enter my very long (but too late to change) E-mail address every time, if I delete the cookies surely I will then have to do this every time and moreover for all the other sites? - Can you understand my reluctance?  YES ( though the question was not for me !! [:P] )

[/quote]

My question is very simple .. Why didn't it happen until very recently??

Hheeeeeeeeeeelppp    [blink]