Back online?

Clair

It still seems rather shaky, I get "Server Error in '/' Application" at the top of the page and the index page appeared in the wrong font. It was a long time for the site to be out of action - causing all sorts of speculation elsewhere about who had broken it. There was even a theory that a banned former user had been sticking pins in a voodoo doll. [;-)]

But it seemed to be an Archant-wide problem, not just this forum.

[quote user="sweet 17"] Interestingly, the property bit of the website (and therefore the bit that earns money) was up and running well in advance of the forum.

Hm...........not very nice knowing you're not on anyone's priority list, is it?[/quote]

If someone was doing 'triage' then the forum would be pretty far down on their list of  things needing restoring to health. I understand it perfectly - the principle, that is, not the techie stuff.[:)]

PS I thought Bugbear broke the forum too, with his 'move to the Dark Side' thread title being the last thing I saw before it all went haywire.[:-))]

The property website is on http://www.francepropertyshop.com and, along with all the other Archant sites, was up and running on Saturday lunchtime when I tried.  I could get into all Archant sites, the only exception was the complete France one http://www.completefrance.com , this hosts more than just our forum.

Even their footie forum, which shares the same forum software, was up and running, so I wouldn't take it personally [:)]

[quote user="Clair"]
Like Tressy and Jonzjob, I think we all pretty much agree on who to blame for this... [Www][/quote]

Will you administer the wedgie as punishment Clair, or should we ask Hoddy to nip over to BB's place and duff him up?

[quote user="Cat"]Will you administer the wedgie as punishment Clair, or should we ask Hoddy to nip over to BB's place and duff him up?[/quote]

Let's not be too harsh...

I'm sure the mere threat of Hoddy will be enough to ensure he doesn't foul again...

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="Cat"]Will you administer the wedgie as punishment Clair, or should we ask Hoddy to nip over to BB's place and duff him up?[/quote]
Let's not be too harsh...
I'm sure the mere threat of Hoddy will be enough to ensure he doesn't foul again...
[/quote]

Thinking about it more rationally, it was probably Peter Mandelson's fault.[:-))]

[quote user="sweet 17"]Why, is Hoddy such an ogre as that?[/quote]

Well, strictly speaking Hoddy is only part Ogre (on her grandmother's side, if my memory serves correctly) but lets just say her granny had 'dominant' genes.[Www][:-))][;-)]

[quote user="Hoddy"]

Trouble is ........  I'm in England at the moment.

Hoddy 

[/quote]

Phew! [:D]

When are you over here next, Hoddy? I'm not being nosey...it's just general interest, you understand, and nothing to do with your Ogerish powers failing at the channel.[Www][:P]

All,

Apologies for the downtime over this weekend. We've had a series of major failures within our web hosting infrastructure that knocked ALL Archant hosted sites offline.

Our core web storage systems failed late Friday afternoon, which took most of our sites offline and the rest unfortunately followed later Friday evening.

The faults were escalated to the highest level within the storage system vendor's management, and a team of 3 vendor engineers & senior Archant IT staff worked virtually non-stop through the weekend to bring systems back online.

Most of the major failures were resolved by around 02:30 Sunday morning, but it has taken until this morning to fully iron out all of the remaining stability & minor issues.

Our sites are now all back up & running, although we're awaiting some replacement hardware which should be delivered to our data centre (along with an engineer to install it) tomorrow morning.

The site may experience a further brief outage tomorrow but otherwise stability should return.

Kind regards

Tim