Search results for long threads

lorna

When I select a search result where the post is in a long thread I am taken to the first page of the thread. It can then take a while to find the post in question. (and I usually get distracted on the way and have to go back to the search results [:)])

Am I doing something wrong or is this just the way it works?

Thanks Clair and Ron. [:D].

Clair, that is brilliant - no wonder you always seem to find references so quickly. I tried it just now and it took me right to the page I wanted.

Ron, I was looking for specific posts in a thread I had read before and didn't want to trawl through the whole lot again. Also I have sometimes wanted to look for particular recipes in the food and wine thread where I wouldn't need to read the whole thread. Good advice nevertheless.

P.S. Clair I alway wonder why you don't have an 'e' on your name. A French friend told me that Claire always has an 'e' but she must be wrong?

[quote user="lorna"]Clair, that is brilliant - no wonder you always seem to find references so quickly...

P.S. Clair I alway wonder why you don't have an 'e' on your name. A French friend told me that Claire always has an 'e' but she must be wrong?[/quote]

Lorna, would you believe that I use the forum search 99% of the time [:)]?

clair is just a translation of the adjective clear, with a capital C to make it look more like a name [:)]

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Because, Lorna, it's not her real name.  Her real name is actually......................

Do a search on Clair and you'll see her name there![;-)]

[/quote]

I remember that conversation starting Sweets and just found the thread - but looking at the last page it doesn't seem to have come up with an answer (I could be missing something.)

[quote user="Clair"]Lorna, would you believe that I use the forum search 99% of the time [:)]?

clair is just a translation of the adjective clear, with a capital C to make it look more like a name [:)]
[/quote]

I am surprised - your technique is obviously a lot better than mine!

Thank-you for the explanation - it's an interesting one. I won't need to puzzle over that any more.

[quote user="lorna"][quote user="sweet 17"]

Because, Lorna, it's not her real name.  Her real name is actually......................

Do a search on Clair and you'll see her name there![;-)]

[/quote]

I remember that conversation starting Sweets and just found the thread - but looking at the last page it doesn't seem to have come up with an answer (I could be missing something.)

[/quote]

Lorna, that's the idea!  It's meant to be a bit of a tease, LOL.

Is it really cold in Burgundy so that you can hardly think straight?[;-)]