Non matching quotes in blocks

Théière

[quote user="teapot"]

Keep getting this error when trying to reply using the quote.

[/quote]

When you hit the quote button you should get something like this in the text box

(quote user="teapot")

"Keep getting this error when trying to reply using the quote."

(/quote)

except the '(' bracket will be '[' bracket

It is important to preserve the

quote user=teapot and

/quote

exactly as given to you as they identify the start and end of the quote.

I suspect you are inadvertantly deleting out or overwriting one or the other of them

[quote user="teapot"]Keep getting this error when trying to reply using the quote. [/quote]

Yeah, I'm getting this too Teapot.

Pierre ZFP, I get the (quote user="teapot") ... (/quote) but with square brackets.... what's missing?

Ha! I think it's working for me on this post. C'est comme ca. [:)]

[quote user="Âme"][quote user="teapot"]Keep getting this error when trying to reply using the quote. [/quote]

Yeah, I'm getting this too Teapot.

Pierre ZFP, I get the (quote user="teapot") ... (/quote) but with square brackets.... what's missing?

Ha! I think it's working for me on this post. C'est comme ca. [:)]
[/quote]

Your good for me Ame

Pierre, not touched anything

[quote user="teapot"]Keep getting this error when trying to reply using the quote. [/quote]

Some posters have characters in their username which cannot be used for quotes (for example the apostrophe in "J.R.'s gone French").

If you remove these characters from the name beign quoted ("J.R. gone French"), the error message disappears and the quote is shown without any problem.

[quote user="teapot"]Thanks Clair, yep its JR messing us all up again, he loves it [:)] Can't quote him [;-)][/quote]

I resemble these comments!

You can blame it all on A: The person who uttered the phrase whilst talking about me thinking it was a put down, whereas in fact for me it was quite the opposite, 

B:  Lynn Truss (of Eats, shoots, and leaves fame) without her I would never have known to add the apostrophe and now of course I cannot remove it. 

But don't quote me on that [:D]

[quote user="J.Rs gone native"]

[quote user="teapot"]Thanks Clair, yep its JR messing us all up again, he loves it [:)] Can't quote him [;-)][/quote]

I resemble these comments!

You can blame it all on A: The person who uttered the phrase whilst talking about me thinking it was a put down, whereas in fact for me it was quite the opposite, 

B:  Lynn Truss (of Eats, shoots, and leaves fame) without her I would never have known to add the apostrophe and now of course I cannot remove it. 

But don't quote me on that [:D]

[/quote]

To quote J.R's [:D][:D]