Private messages

odile

[quote user="Russethouse"]

Well may be your mate has different software or hands out passcodes himself  - I have no idea and am not interested, as this is the second time you have questioned the mods honesty  I really wonder why you continue to post.

Regards

Russethouse

[/quote]

I do love the way you use mate as a put down and always seem to have no idea and are permanently disinterested.

I have not questioned your honesty. I do question the suggestion that it is absolutely impossible to access everything on a server. You may not realise this as in your own words you have no interest in knowing and have no idea.

Some people may say that until you are adequately informed you should refrain from posting.

Please take this as advice and positive criticism - rest assured I would never question your honesty.

[quote user="Russethouse"]

Really? Maybe your mate can, but neither mods, admin or as far as I know anyone else, can read PM's here.

[/quote]

What I am interested is here, not what goes on the guy you call your 'mates' web site, and the fact remains that neither Mods or Admin can read your PMs, and since Archant host numerous other forums I'd be surprised if anyone else had the time or inclination.

[quote user="Russethouse"][quote user="Russethouse"]

Really? Maybe your mate can, but neither mods, admin or as far as I know anyone else, can read PM's here.

[/quote]

What I am interested is here, not what goes on the guy you call your 'mates' web site, and the fact remains that neither Mods or Admin can read your PMs, and since Archant host numerous other forums I'd be surprised if anyone else had the time or inclination.

[/quote]

Thanks for your honesty (as far as you know).

Just to correct you it is not my mates web site it is a site he administrates on. It is a far more serious professional/commercial website than this one.

I do not agree with you - live with it.

Be prepared to be surprised as you may not realise what others may do when they have the time and inclination. There is no way you can give a 100% cast iron guarantee that it is totally impossible that PM's can be read by anyone other than those who would be expected to.

Guys,

Just thought I'd chip in here.

PM's cannot be read by anyone other than the author and the intended recipient.

It is not a case of having the right password - the forum software doesn't allow any users other than the author and recipient to access the message.

Mods or forum Admins have no direct access to any of the web or database servers in our web farm and have no way to bypass forum security.

Should you or anyone else have any technical queries relating to this you're more than welcome to contact me and I'll try to assist.

My twopence worth for what it's worth:

Whilst it's probably true that outwith routine methods PM's cannot be accessed by anyone other than the involved parties the fact remains that their contents are stored somewhere and that being so it's highly likely, if not certain, that a person armed with the knowledge, the resources, and the intent, could access them.