'Quote' function not working

nectarine

Hi there, when I want to reply to a message and press the 'quote' function I get the original script in my message and then type my response. Problem is, when my message is posted the original 'quote' doesn't appear as a light-coloured box but it appears with all the computer-thingy script before and afterwards, and looks really jumbled.

Any idea why? I am using Google Chrome as my Internet program.

Many thanks all

a puzzled Nectarine

[quote user="nectarine"]Hi there, when I want to reply to a message and press the 'quote' function I get the original script in my message and then type my response. Problem is, when my message is posted the original 'quote' doesn't appear as a light-coloured box but it appears with all the computer-thingy script before and afterwards, and looks really jumbled.

Any idea why? I am using Google Chrome as my Internet program.

Many thanks all

a puzzled Nectarine[/quote]

I suspect Chrome might clash with the forum software...

This is quoted using Firefox [:)]

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="nectarine"]Hi there, when I want to reply to a message and press the 'quote' function I get the original script in my message and then type my response. Problem is, when my message is posted the original 'quote' doesn't appear as a light-coloured box but it appears with all the computer-thingy script before and afterwards, and looks really jumbled. Any idea why? I am using Google Chrome as my Internet program. Many thanks all a puzzled Nectarine[/quote]
I suspect Chrome might clash with the forum software...
This is quoted using Firefox [:)]
[/quote]

That's just showing off!!  Opps, I'm doing it as well! [:-))]

Hello Nectarine, I'm getting odd things too. I haven't been around for a while but my message screen looks odd, no smilies and the message box is very small and I'm struggling to include quotes.

We updated to Explorer 8 recently so could it be part of the reason? or have things changed a bit over the last few months?

EDIT - Just noticed my quote looks right now... maybe it was just a hiccup?

p.s. I also never got my second light :)

[quote user="Rose"]Hello Nectarine, I'm getting odd things too. I haven't been around for a while but my message screen looks odd, no smilies and the message box is very small and I'm struggling to include quotes.

We updated to Explorer 8 recently so could it be part of the reason? [/quote]

Rose, try this: http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1687484/ShowPost.aspx