User names

Polly

Unfortunately, this system does not prevent user name duplication, which is something we have already brought to the attention of the Tech people.

If you are concerned about being mistaken for another Polly, your could try a different spelling (Poly? [:D]) or add an avatar to your profile.

[quote user="Polly"]Hi

I have just found out that there seem to be (at least) two of us with the username Polly

Surely this can't be right?

[/quote]Are you sure you're not schizophrenic Polly Polly.

A clue in the name possibly - poly - inferring many [Www]

Ernie, up to you to guess how many what!

Clair, I'll perhaps find an avatar... one that says that I'm NOT the person called Polly who lives on the Montagne Noir!

If I can post an avatar....... your smileys don't seem to work on my big beautiful iMac

Oh look, it works!

That's when the person calling my name has ad a few (but of course Clair doesn't do that, does she, according to the Drunk in Charge thread!)

Does she actually exist? Where does she hide in the Lot? Ernie, do you know? Maybe I have bumped into her!

Another tecchie question, what do I have to do to enable pm to appear on my posts?

[quote user="Polly"]That's when the person calling my name has ad a few (but of course Clair doesn't do that, does she, according to the Drunk in Charge thread!)

Does she actually exist? Where does she hide in the Lot? Ernie, do you know? Maybe I have bumped into her![/quote]

Do I exist?? Ernie knows me! and a few others who may choose to reveal themselves [:D]

Have we met? Don't know... How would I recognise you?

(and I have had occasions to have a few too many , but never when I am in charge of a .)

[quote user="Clair"]Do I exist?? Ernie knows me! and a few others who may choose to reveal themselves [:D]

[/quote]

I can vouch that Clair is a real virtual French person, I met her before either of us got our moderator hats [:)]

[quote user="Cat"]

I can vouch that Clair is a real virtual French person, I met her before either of us got our moderator hats [:)]

[/quote]

Go on, spill the beans, how did you earn your hats, and was it worth it?

And do I know you?

Ernie is easy to know, that car of his is a give-away

[quote user="Polly"]It took no time at all, dear chap...... I guessed as soon as I saw your avatar on this forum (and others) who you are

A quick word with mutual friends and your identity was confirmed.
[/quote]

Sorry to "rain on your parade" Polly,....I dont have an avatar on any other forums (or fora ), same username on another one but thats about it.

Mutual friends ???? Only a couple of people on this forum know my real identity, only one of them has met me personally and would not give away any personal information even if asked. [:P]

Nothing.

It seems to be exclusvely others who read something derogatrory into it or take issue with my use of the term but that's their problem, not 'er indoors's [:D]

Are you going to reveal who our mutual acquaintance is, by initial or PM if you like ?

Hello Polly - I don't mind that there are two of us! - I don't post much anyway, unless I am searching for info - I leave it to others to chit-chat.  I'm sure we won't be mistaken for each other.

It could prove interesting tho' ....................