Connection problems

NormanH

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

What you can try:

More information

For offline users

You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.
To view subscribed feeds

1. Click the Favorites Center button , click Feeds, and then click the feed you want to view.

To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages)

1. Click Tools , and then click Work Offline.

2. Click the Favorites Center button , click History, and then click the page you want to view.

[:@][:@][:@]

You mean it's not connected with my computer or my wireless adaptor?  Hip, hip, hooray!!!!!!!!

Yes, it is mostly on this site.  I was pulling out the D-link adaptor and putting it back in and I'd fiddle about like this as long as I am logged in here.

Now, I just keep using the "back" arrow and re-entering the site and then it works fine for a couple of minutes and off it'll go again.

And to think I nearly threw the adaptor out the window and gone off to buy another.........

Impossible d'afficher la page

La page que vous recherchez est actuellement indisponible. Le site Web rencontre peut-être des difficultés techniques, ou vous devez modifier les paramètres de votre navigateur.

Essayez de la manière suivante :

• Cliquez sur le bouton Actualiser ou recommencez ultérieurement.

• Si vous avez entré l'adresse de cette page dans la barre d'adresses, vérifiez qu'elle est correcte.

• Pour vérifier vos paramètres de connexion, cliquez sur le menu Outils, puis sur Options Internet.. Dans l'onglet Connexions, cliquez sur Paramètres. Les paramètres doivent correspondre à ceux fournis par votre administrateur réseau ou par votre fournisseur d'accès à Internet.

• Vérifiez que vos paramètres de connexion Internet sont détectés. Vous pouvez configurer Microsoft Windows de façon à ce qu'il examine votre réseau et détecte automatiquement les paramètres de connexion (si votre administrateur réseau a activé ce paramètre).

1. Cliquez sur le menu Outils, puis cliquez sur Options Internet.

2. Dans l'onglet Connexions, cliquez sur Paramètres réseau.

This is what I get 3 times out of four when I sign in or change from one thread to another............... [6]

I am also having the same problems. Often when you hover your cursor over one of the buttons the button shows no link. One of my fellow moderators has been in touch with the technical support team although to the best of my knowledge we have not yet received a reply. They are probably busy elsewhere. I will ask the moderator concerned to contact them again.

Frequently the threads page(s) come up in monocolour and without border lines, most of the time I cannot  access threads without refreshing many times, after reading others saying six times I started counting, it took exactly 14 refreshes each time.

Couple that with having to frequently re-log in, a problem which has still not been addressed after a couple of years and the forum for me is just about unusable.

I would have migrated by now but for (excepting the above) this forum is more user friendly, I can choose a font size that I can read and the active thread page saves a lot of time poking around, its a shame I didnt find it earlier.

Oh and most of the interesting characters seem to have "left of their own volition" and curiously  "wont be returning" [blink]