Living FRANCE

Jimmy

Because the forum is just one of a family of Forums owned and run by Archant , ( A British company) plus this forum is not solely for the use of people owning or wanting to own property in France but also for those just interested in the country.

It should cover the interests of Archants other Francophile publications too, ie France Magazine & French Property News

Actually it is not a 'French Forum' as you put it, but a British based forum for those with an interest, for whatever reason, in France.

[quote user="Jimmy"]Perhaps it is a bit like Brittany Ferries "time on board is British time" - Why?

[/quote]

It is official company policy to use British time. Although it is a French-owned company the passenger operations are run mainly from Plymouth and Portsmouth - most passengers are British - British time is a common factor on all routes (i.e. all are from Britain or Ireland to France or Spain, there are no mainland Europe only routes). GMT also happens to be the standard time used on most ships for things like tide tables, but that's not a main reason in this case.

[quote user="Mareille"]And if you go to your personal settings and alter your timezone settings then you can have everything in European time

[/quote]

You can? I presume you are talking about personal settings for this forum and not windows? Would you mind explaining how you do that?

[quote user="woolybanana"]

[quote user="Jimmy"]Well be blowed, I never seen the timezone thinggy before. Thanks Clair. Must admit you are a nicer Mod than the other one!

[/quote]

You mean the one known as "Grumpy"?[6]

[/quote]

Am I Dopey or Bashful? [:D]