"Active" Topics

Strange indeed. I posted "Test dont read!" on the thread and then immediately tried to delete it. But not possible to delete due to time factor, all of 5 seconds.[:)]  I thought it might make a dummy post but no. Then tried to remove the text by editting and deleting, it gave a funny red icon next to message above box and left the text. I then editted it again, removing the text and replacing it with one space bar, so the message is gone but the post still survives.

P.S. Have you tried sending "secret" messages on forums by formatting white characters on a white background; I am told by my geeky kids that it is great fun.[:)]

A new post brings an old thread back to the top of the Active list.

In this instance, Pachapapa posted, then changed his mind and edited his post, removing all content.

I'll deal with it and it will go back to its original place...

Like Coops, I saw this topic earlier today on the 'active' list before Pachapapa's abortive attempts to post or delete the post. I wondered about it too, because the last post was KathyF's on 09/06/2008, but the 'active list' showed the last post as today - still by KathyF. I thought perhaps somebody had edited an old post, but I believe when that happens the 'last post' is always the edited one, with its original date, so there is no way it should appear in a 'current' list.

It seems back to normal now though.

I notice that this morning three topics are appearing in the 'active topics' list as having been replied to today, but looking at the last posts they are anything from a day to five days old.

Obviously a bug in the system, unless somebody has been doing some wholesale editing?

[quote user="Will"]I notice that this morning three topics are appearing in the 'active topics' list as having been replied to today, but looking at the last posts they are anything from a day to five days old.

Obviously a bug in the system, unless somebody has been doing some wholesale editing?

[/quote]

Hawk-Eye, the spammers have attacked and their evil messages had to be removed.