Please, please, please

Bugsy

Previous requests for changes have gone unheeded. I gather that the software is old - this doesn't mean that it can't be changed though!

I'd like it to open hyperlinks in a new window for example.

Oh well, here's another one holding his breath!

There are several alternatives to Safari, Firefox and Opera to name two, and expecting the forum software to be specially adapted for the convenience of probably no more than 1% of members who use Macs is unrealistic.

Alternatively whats' stopping you from using Bootcamp to run Windows and IE on your Mac [;-)]

I think your 1% is a bit off Ernie, and its really not much of a task to bring this forum software up to date. Safari is used by thousands of people and works fully on every forum I've ever used, apart from this one.

As to..........

"Alternatively whats' stopping you from using Bootcamp to run Windows and IE on your Mac"

I'd rather push hot needles into my eyes.

Not all Mac users use Safari, I don't.  Much prefer Firefox - Safari seems quite out of date now, and I used to find that some sites did not work with Safari.  In the days before Firefox I had to go to IE to use those sites - again, something I now hate....

Safari 5.03 is the best yet and runs faster than any other ISP.

I've must have tried nearly all available and now use only Safari and Firefox.

Omniweb is pretty good.

Chrome is typical bloat.

As to a survey bubbles, its easy - Mac users are the ones with the quiet smile on their faces.

Mainly because they don't have to buy 'Norton' products. LOL

[quote user="bubbles"]What about doing a survey to see what percentage of posters do in fact use a Mac?

I do and find it really annoying that I can't use the quote facility properly.[/quote]

Bubbles, this is a quote, from a Mac, as I said yesterday, using Firefox.

AFAIK, it works ok, so perhaps  if it is Safari you are using, you should try changing - when I changed (still at work, so not given real option) at first I hated it, as I do when I change to any new software, but now I wouldn't go back to Safari, or IE ....