SIGN-IN PROBLEMS

Polly

Not signing in but I have found over the last few days that the site keeps throwing me out-saying that the internet cannot connect to the FPN website. I would think it was my connection were it not for the fact that it doesn't happen on any other site. Weather conditions perhaps?

Polly, passwords here are not case sensitive, so capitals or not would make no difference.

When you say that you are unable to sign in, do you see this error message...

The username and password you have entered do not match our records.

or is it just that you are unable to connect to the site?.  It does seem to have been a bit cranky recently.

Indeed....I haven't visited for a while, but upon trying to come back today, I had no problem initially (in fact, still logged in) but upon my second visit, I found that as soon as I click on "Active topics" I get thrown completely off the site and the tab I was viewing CF on reverts to being just an empty "new tab". Bizarre.

Cat, yes I get the message 'The username and password you have entered do not match our records.'

I know I haven't changed anything, so I switched browsers & still got the message. So I clicked on 'forgot my password' but never got an email from admin.

Fiddling around, I switched to caps and hey presto! got access. Same thing when I went to sign in now.

BTW, Firefox ususally crashes just after I log in if I'm using it, and this only happens with this site on a regular basis.

Oh, and I can't get the end of this post out of italics!!!! Yet I can change the font.

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="Polly"]... I clicked on 'forgot my password' but never got an email from admin.[/quote]

Polly,

Your email address has to be valid for the password-reset message to arrive.

Check your PMs.

[/quote]

My email address is valid, that's how I can log in but only by putting my password in CAPS

BTW if I couldn't log in, your message to 'check my PMs' wouldn't be much good, would it?

[quote user="Polly"][quote user="Clair"][quote user="Polly"]... I clicked on 'forgot my password' but never got an email from admin.[/quote]

Polly,

Your email address has to be valid for the password-reset message to arrive.

Check your PMs.

[/quote]

My email address is valid, that's how I can log in but only by putting my password in CAPS

BTW if I couldn't log in, your message to 'check my PMs' wouldn't be much good, would it?

[/quote]

Polly,

Your login and your email address are not the same.

Your email address is invalid. You can check it and correct it if you wish in your profile.

I assumed you would be able to access your PMs since you have been posting on the forum.

I was offering to help, but it is clear you don't need any assistance.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="Cat"]

When you say that you are unable to sign in, do you see this error message...The username and password you have entered do not match our records.[/quote]

I was getting that message for ages. Finally logged in after getting new password now have changed password for something easier.