Help alert for some tecky advice ...

Hello ! I am new here but have a wee little tecky problem or 2 or 3 ...

1/ When I want to reply to a post, all I get is a little space no bigger than a postage stamp to write my reply in ...

Is that normal or is it telling me som'it ...

2/ Earlier I wanted to reply and quote part of someone's post so pressed 'quote' button, deleted the bit I didn't want, then proceeded to write my reply. When it appeared on the forum it was all gobbledigook so had to correct it but not that successfully ...

3/ Also on some forums there is possibility to insert smilies within a post. Do you have that here ?...

and

4/ right now previewing this post, none of the spaces and paragraphs etc... are showing ... just one long string of words ...

Sorry to be such a helpless thing ...

You don't say which browser you are using, but if it is internet explorer, the following should help...

How Do I?

Having set the compatibility, the smilies should also be available, just above the reply box, in the drop down "insert smiley" box.

[quote user="Cat"]

You don't say which browser you are using, but if it is internet explorer, the following should help...

How Do I?

Having set the compatibility, the smilies should also be available, just above the reply box, in the drop down "insert smiley" box.

[/quote]

Thank you Cat ! works perfectly now [:)] Thank you

[quote user="Cat"]

How Do I?

[/quote]

Having the same problem with IE9 and the IE8 solution doesn't seem to work - can anyone help?