How to stop a popup

Well I look at it like this, I chose to come on here and Living France are surely entitled to put whatever offers and adverts they want before allowing access to this board. It is a board with few enough adverts so I am quite happy that they do it.

[quote user="idun"]Well I look at it like this, I chose to come on here and Living France are surely entitled to put whatever offers and adverts they want before allowing access to this board. It is a board with few enough adverts so I am quite happy that they do it.[/quote]

I  agree with Idun on this, one click to lose the pop up is a small price to pay for a forum that is as informative and useful as this one is. After all if Living France withdrew their sponsorship of this forum you might have to join one of the others and that would be a burden.

[quote user="Albert the InfoGipsy"]

Over the last year or two I've found less and less of interest to me on this forum. If this stupid pop-up stays I think I'll just stop visiting.

[/quote]

Well, if an infogypsy cant fix it, us neophytes are in real trouble!

Thanks for the thought, but I'm not much of a thread-starter. I tend to get involved with technical stuff like IT, building, photography, business regimes. At one time this forum was quite active in some of these areas but now it's much more of a chat room. Also, some of the more entertaining types seem to have vanished -- haven't  seen FurryKnickers since I can't remember when.

[quote user="Albert the InfoGipsy"]

Over the last year or two I've found less and less of interest to me on this forum. If this stupid pop-up stays I think I'll just stop visiting.

[/quote]

I've got to agree, particularly when you have 18 people responding to a silly post by someone who can't eat bananas any more because they get wind - it makes you wonder!

Jay I have had no wind at all with bananas. So your imagination has got the better of you there.

Listen if people don't post boards die. It is quite simple. Just look at how many people lurk and do not post. Why they look, be voyeurs and not say a word is beyond me. Just looking will never keep any board on the web going.

So now you have had a dig, 'you' post something extremely interesting and relevant to France and life in France. Go on, give it a try. But remember that as with any conversation anywhere, they stray onto other subjects, that is what people do.

[quote user="Albert the InfoGipsy"]Thanks for the thought, but I'm not much of a thread-starter. I tend to get involved with technical stuff like IT, building, photography, business regimes. At one time this forum was quite active in some of these areas but now it's much more of a chat room. Also, some of the more entertaining types seem to have vanished -- haven't  seen FurryKnickers since I can't remember when.[/quote]

Never heard of furrynickers but i live a sheltered life in 79.

Incidentally the maverick popup is a full html page so cookie toasters and popup blockers wont kill it

BUT if you have IE9 there is " un petit truc" that will eliminate it...and...if somebody fills me in about inverse TriNappe yagis; I'll spill the beans.[:-))]

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

In reply to Pachapapa, you joined the forum in 2008.  Furryknickers has certainly been around, luckily for us, since then and well before.  It will never be the same without him.

[/quote]

Indeed you are correct. A quick revision reveals that I even contributed to a thread.

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1/1567742/ShowPost.aspx#1567742

Oh well if that is typical of the genre, I think I'll skip the other 62 pages regurgitated by the local search engine.[;-)]

[quote user="Russethouse"]Well as a mod I hate to say but guys, its one click......have you ever got a useful tip from this forum ? had a laugh ? made a friend ?

Have you ever been in need of support ? Or valued an encouraging word ?

Lets get it  in proportion....[/quote]Agreed but once you have registered for Gods sake why not let it be gone, it's just sloppy programming on a par with the rotten football banners of a couple of years ago.

[quote user="pachapapa"]

[:D]Having moved downstairs I am getting a "pop-up" with XP and IE8 on the Medion netbook.

What should I do?

[/quote]

In fact the procedure is ostensibly the same with IE8 as with IE9 on Vista or W7.

Back upstairs with IE9 and no pop-up.[6]

[quote user="pachapapa"][quote user="pachapapa"]

[:D]Having moved downstairs I am getting a "pop-up" with XP and IE8 on the Medion netbook.

What should I do?

[/quote]

In fact the procedure is ostensibly the same with IE8 as with IE9 on Vista or W7.

Back upstairs with IE9 and no pop-up.[6]

[/quote]

Finally got around to blocking it on netbook.