Adobe Flash Player

mint

Aw, what a shame....I thought it might be exciting to watch, you know, just a change from the Tour de France and I hoped there might be some Nadal lookalike?  No?[8-)]

Besides, "Flash" suggests something rather exciting?[:D]

Thank you very much indeed, Pacha.  Done it now.

Shall I tell you what gave rise to the post?

OH installed a new door bell that gave us a choice of 16 tunes.  I chose the longest playing one so that neither of us can miss the door bell.

It has this lovely, catchy little tune and I just couldn't place it although it sounded vaguely familiar.  So, I wanted to use Adobe Flash Player to find the tune.

I did guess right, it was the theme from Romeo and Juliet (the film I mean and not any of the other more renowned classical pieces!)

I know Mancini is the pits; worse than Top of the Pops!  It's just that it was the first one I came across and I was so thrilled to have Adobe that I wanted to post something quickly.

I play the tune on my piano sometimes and I must say that Nino Rota seems to be popular with many people.  My piano skills are such that I only attempt simple little pieces [:(]

• 1 month later...

Note that the 64bit version of Flash Player is still only available in Beta! I find it incredible that a company like Adobe have been unable to keep up with developments! I've been waiting over 12 months!!

If you have a 64bit system you'll need to either use a 32bit browser with the current version of Flash Player, or use the beta Flash Player in the 64bit browser; I'm doing the former.

Flash Player is widely used on websites, not just on the sports pages.