Pop up?

Jonzjob

OK Clair, I realise that the forum is goverened by the sponser. BUT why can't they just ask once? If I wanted to subscribe to the mag then  I would do so, but it's a bit like someone comming to your door every time the postman delivers and askes you if you want to subscribe to something. All you need to say is no thank you, but it wears VERY thin VERY quickly dun't it?

I have been on this forum and had subscriptoins to France Mag, Living France and several others too enough years to represent a good income for them. But to now get this thrown at me every time I sign on is a NO NO to me!

To ask once is polite. To keep on pushing it is pushing yer luck me thinks?

Interestingly, I have just signed on and no pop-up - but it will be back when I sign in later - at least if it follows the pattern I have noticed.  Perhaps they wake up later at Archant???

Fortunately, when it does pop-up, I get a blank window, so I just close it and move on ....

[quote user="Russethouse"] I've had a reply to my email which says that the pop up is successful so is likely to be kept but that you should only see it once in 24 hour period from the same machine.

Also the way its set up there is no way to not show it to people who have already signed up.[/quote]

So set it up differently, that's an unbelievably feeble answer !!!

It would be interesting to know how many of their 1000 responses (I've had an email too) have been from folks subscribing simply in the hope of suppressing the pop up !

PPP: You miss the point. I have no problem in subscribing to the offer, and did the first time it came up, I just don't wish it in my face every day thank you. It's thoughtless and sloppy IMO and it would take nothing to have a 'don't show me this again' tick box.