Getting logged off

I get logged off at least once a day, it was very bad up till about a year ago then rarely happened, now since the appearance of the advert it happens frequently.

I do think that at least in my case it is related to how much time I spend on the forum, when it was behaving relatively well the one time i could be sure that it would log me off is if I revisited after an absence and hence was viewing for longer than normal.

[quote user="AnOther"]Happened to me a couple of times recently but I can't get excited about it.

Albert, have you not noticed the 'don't show me this again' on the pop up.

[/quote]That "Don't show me" message doesn't work for me. I click it everytime it appears but the pop-up just comes back the next time I log in.

Sorry been away for a couple of days ... whilst that and munching on a discusting bought sandwich, I did put a post (can't remember which subject now) and was surprised that on my next looking in that the post was not there at all ... I blamed it on the company's MIS department blocking out all communications to an 'alien' website !

[quote user="AnOther"]Clicking 'don't show me' creates a cookie called francePopupDaily and if it isn't 'sticking' then check that you are not clearing your cookies when closing your browser.

Logging off shouldn't affect it.

[/quote]

I don't clear cookies, because that would affect all my other automated logins. It appears that logging off does affect it, because the ruddy pop-up is the first symptom that tells me I've been logged out.