Who's been playing then ?

AnOther

I have not, for the last several years (yes, years) been able to use the link button on here (I manually type the "brackets-URL" thingy every time)

My quotes have now gone haywire, I've got the midget box for typing replies and I can STILL only guarantee getting back on here if I refresh the screen when there isn't an "r" in the month....

It's a good job I haven't anything even vaguely useful to contribute. (smiley)

[quote user="You can call me Betty"] It's a good job I haven't anything even vaguely useful to contribute. [:)][/quote]This I don't believe.

Tip : Manually type the smiley face symbol :) in square brackets [] and the smiley face should pop up. [:)]

Similarly, if you type in:    quote user=" name of quotee here, no space before and after quotation marks " in sqare brackets and end with /quote in square brackets, then it should appear as any other quote,  e.g. :[quote user="cooperlola"] this is how you do it [/quote]

[quote user="You can call me Betty"]

It's a good job I haven't anything even vaguely useful to contribute. (smiley)[/quote]

Neither have I, so it's a pity Clair's fix works for me and not for all the other people using FF9 on an up-to-date computer, who have sensible things to say. [;-)]

[quoteuser="cooperlola"]this is how you do it[/quote]

I am practising...[:)]

Now all I need is eyesight sufficiently good to be able to see what I've typed in the postage-stamp-sized square!!

Thank you coops!

(oops! Spoke too soon, as you can see now I've published it!)

[quote user="You can call me Betty"][quoteuser="cooperlola"]this is how you do it[/quote] I am practising...[:)] Now all I need is eyesight sufficiently good to be able to see what I've typed in the postage-stamp-sized square!! Thank you coops! (oops! Spoke too soon, as you can see now I've published it!)[/quote]Very odd!

[quote user="Loiseau"]QUOTE ... I suggest using IETab add-on (Internet Explorer simulator), which gives FF the usual editing functions, smilies and a large reply box... END QUOTE Tried that, Clair, but all I get is a box saying: ..... Not available for your platform. (I'm using Firefox on a Mac.) Angela[/quote]

mac doesn't have "spirit", it's all about business and blood money sucking. so NO.[:D]

[quote user="Russethouse"]The message has been passed to the 'service desk' ....fingers crossed ![/quote]

I contacted Tech and Admin when the thread was started and I think it's all back to "normal" now! (I have asked about Safari and Chrome users too)...

This is posted via Firefox and I have a BIG reply box, editing icons and smilies!

Thank you, whoever sorted it out [:)]

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="Russethouse"]The message has been passed to the 'service desk' ....fingers crossed ![/quote]

I contacted Tech and Admin when the thread was started and I think it's all back to "normal" now! (I have asked about Safari and Chrome users too)...

This is posted via Firefox and I have a BIG reply box, editing icons and smilies!

Thank you, whoever sorted it out [:)]

[/quote]

Works for me! Hooray![:D]