Who's been playing then ?

AnOther

Twas all OK yesterday but now my reply box is a tiny window about 20% of the screen width and with no formatting tools.

Using Firefox with updates turned off so nothing changed here plus it's the same on my Netbook which hasn't even been turned on for a week so it's definitely your end.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/biskitboyo/forum.jpg

Can't post a link either !

[quote user="Pickles"]And it won't let me put in a hyperlink, and when I go back to the old way of writing out the code longhand, it chooses to not interpret it as a hyperlink.![/quote]wot I said which is why I just left the link to my screenshot without tags.

Deffo a FF issue as IE OK and also Maxthon which I still use from time to time.

EDIT: I see quoting has gone to the dogs too !

[quote user="cooperlola"][quote user="Pickles"]. I can see smilies though - but it won't let me post them![/quote]Well, you've managed a Post Smiley!  This is indeed a precise replica of the problems IE has when the compatibility view isn't switched on.  Rum.[/quote]

How the heck did I manage to do THAT then?

[quote user="AnOther"]All very well Claire but if I have to use that then I might as well use IE or Maxthon in the first place. What is it with your CF IT bods anyway, don't they test these things, if they worked for me I'd fire them for sloppiness.[/quote]

Not so, as you would still be using FF and not another browser.

You can set IETab to open only http://www.completefrance.com/ as a IE page and the setting does not affect your usual FF browsing.

I have no idea what they're doing, as they certainly don't ask for my opinion b4 making changes!! [:D]

[quote user="woolybanana"]Great Bobo in a bucket, what a load of bolognese to avoid using Microsoft[/quote]

No hassle really, as I have always had IETab added to FF.

I haven't used IE for years. All my favs, toolbars, passwords and settings are in FF and I really don't want to fiddle around with IE when I can just carry on as usual after just one click... [:)]

... I suggest using IETab add-on (Internet Explorer simulator), which gives FF the usual editing functions, smilies and a large reply box...

END QUOTE

Tried that, Clair, but all I get is a box saying:

Not available for your platform.

(I'm using Firefox on a Mac.)

Angela

Quote user Norman H 'I have a similar problem in that I have a very recent version of FF (to use the full capacity of 64 bits) and this add on is not compatible' unquote

As a FF user with an old laptop I haven't got anything fancy at all but I still cannot make Clair's suggested Add-on function.

Using IE is a pain.

Sue