reply text disappearing?

tinabee

Hi Bill

got your email but it was blank - I am guessing you would like to know how I solved the problem. The answer is I'm not sure as I tried several things including:

click on the compatibility view button (looks like a torn piece of paper just next to the website address)

close browser and restart

shut down computer and restart

bonne chance!

[quote user="tinabee"]

Hi Bill

got your email but it was blank - I am guessing you would like to know how I solved the problem. The answer is I'm not sure as I tried several things including:

click on the compatibility view button (looks like a torn piece of paper just next to the website address)

close browser and restart

shut down computer and restart

bonne chance!

[/quote]

BINGO ,   thankyou Tina bee, 

I changed my web browser and posted a message,    , but actually your answer is the solution , to click the  torn piece of paper  compatability button in the web adress.. that did it instantly..   If you read this , then it did.. :)  

thanks again..   Bill

[quote user="Bill"]

... actually your answer is the solution , to click the  torn piece of paper  compatability button in the web adress...

[/quote]

Incidentally, what is this magic "torn piece of paper" to which I often see reference?   I don't see one anywhere.  I have used  Firefox and Safari browsers to check.  Is it on the main forum page?  Or once you have hit the "reply" button?   Whereabouts is it on the page?  It sounds as if it must be up at the top of the screen, next to the slot where the URL appears, but I see no sign of it.   Or maybe it's not visible unless you are having problems posting?

Angela  [8-)]

• 1 month later...

I have been having the same problem also not being able to post at all. My pc has had no changes made for over 12 months other than the usual MS and virus protection so I don't know why this problem has occurred.

However the torn piece of paper advice provided by other posters has helped me get around the problem. So thanks for the information.

I thought that I would bump this up again as there seems to be less activity on the forum, maybe more people are having problems.