New Forum - Appearance only

I am finding it impossible to read the posts on the forum for very long before my eyes give up - before I could browse for hours!!!

The problem seems to be a combination of font size and choice of font, colour, background colour , size of table for the text.

All I can say is the old version worked well, and I could read it easily and without strain.  Now I can't so I don't stay long which is presumably is not what was intended!

[quote user="Théière"][quote user="pachapapa"]

This evening with XP+IE8+Compatability Button Activated.

NO WHITE SPACE AT TOP.[:D]

[/quote]

Exactly the same and still big white areas, I was going to suggest a "Complete France" wheeled scroll mouse [I]

[/quote]

This evening working fine with no compatability button icon on display and with completefrance URL eliminated from compatability configuration.

In a word IE8 with nothing but the default configuration.[:-))]

I've just realised that the red print in the column which tells us all where we are from (/profile I suppose) is much clearer than the posts themselves.  Something to do with the contrast, but also it is definitely a different font and size.  Now using that size and font might be all it needs to improve the readability, along with a slightly less glaring background post colour.

I am finding the fact that I have to scroll down quite a . distance to read the text of the post very tiring and irritating. The picture is too bright and distracting. The main thing that was wrong with the forum before was that you couldn't hover over the post and find out what it was about which you still can't - pity.

Did you tick 'Enable Post Mouse-Over Popup ' in your settings ?

I could see what the topics were about this way and I still can.

Have you still got a gap between the title and the actual forum ? If so what system do you have and which browser ? That problem seems to have been fixed for most people......as far as I know.

[quote user="Balham"]I had a look in settings, there's nothing there.

[/quote]

Oh Yes there is..

Click on Balham, two tabs to the left of settings, then scroll down a lot to site settings, then activate the mouse over Radio Button, then scroll down to the bottom and click on the Save Changes button.

Then wait 10 minutes for the kettle to boil.[:P]