Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???

YCCMB

I have only three letters to use....

ABP[;-)]

However, if someone doesn't switch off that *(^*(^(*%^*879 ticker at the top, I may not be responsible for my actions.... It's like the infamous "flash photography" that (at least) they always warn you about in advance on the news. I think I'm developing a nervous twitch.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all part of the ruddy conspiracy to make me change to IE9!  Mine looks nothing like yours Clair, there's a gap of roughly the size of a normal page between the stuff at the top and the actual forum.  I can't use the Quick Links because the scroll button is missing from the right hand side, as is the right hand side of this box..

I'll try a smiley now...[:-))]

Testing.....

[quote user="cooperlola"]It's all part of the ruddy conspiracy to make me change to IE9!  Mine looks nothing like yours Clair, there's a gap of roughly the size of a normal page between the stuff at the top and the actual forum.  I can't use the Quick Links because the scroll button is missing from the right hand side, as is the right hand side of this box... I'll try a smiley now...[:-))]

Testing.....[/quote]

Quite a difference then... [blink]

(but at least, you can post smilyes AND the search works! [Www])

Bloody awful if you want my opinion !

A huge waste of screen space even on my 19" display and on the 10.1" Netbook...........even in full screen mode of it's 5.5" of vertical size 5" is wasted and all I see at the bottom in the Active Topics section is the first line of the first topic. Considering that mobile internet is the big these days and devices like smartphones and tablets it's astonishing to me that the designers have made this site about as unfriendly to that medium as they possibly could have.

At least good old FF Adblock plus has killed the irritating advert at the top.

Please give us the old forum back and go back to the drawing board.

And as for the RSS feed, no thank you.

Marks out of 10 ?

Only 4 I'm afraid.

[quote user="AnOther"]

At least good old FF Adblock plus has killed the irritating advert at the top.

I've managed to get it to kill my trees, too

Please give us the old forum back and go back to the drawing board.

And as for the RSS feed, no thank you. I think you mean NO NO NO! thank you

Marks out of 10 ?

Only 4 I'm afraid.

[/quote]

[quote user="Clair"]For info, this is a screen grab, as seen via Firefox 11 (and it looks the same when using IE9):

[IMG]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q296/clair46/6e23de4e.png[/IMG][/quote]

Looks the same for me as for Clair, except I am still using FF 10.

Edit: Seems to post OK too; perhaps I have missed the teething troubles.

Edit 2: Edit appears to be functioning too. So far so good.

Sue

[quote user="greyman"]Text blue or black on blue !

Text too small !

For me a forum is about being able to read the content but these changes seem to make that as difficult as could be.[:(]

[/quote]

Just came on board today for the first time - YUK!!!!

Could not agree more. Even when I make the text bigger until it all walks off the screen, it is NOT BIG ENOUGH.

If this continues - I'll not be visiting much more - if at all!

Is anyone listening out there?????

Why persist in changing something that worked well - especially since it does not seem to have been a software change, but a so-called "marketing" exercise. I've almost given up on TF because of the same problem and now they go and make them more alike than ever. 

Great minds - not.

Sorry if this has been covered before but this is what I have found.

I can't clickon the link to a post when viewing from Mailwasher. The URL is so long it rolls over and you can nly click on the first line of the URL anything after that is noraml tesxt and does not get placed in the web address.

Big white gap at the top f the thread, seems to be a compatability mode problem i.e. I used to have to view the forum in compatability mode, swithcih to 'normal' mode has fixed this.

Cursor movement, to get the cursor to appear in the text box I had to click and select a 'Color'. I still can't click over previous text to addd characters or spaces. An example of this is the second line of this post, I can't place the cursor over "clickon" to add a space to make it "click on".

Having posted below I now notice that the line spaces have changed i.e. when you use Enter to create a new paragraph you always got a line space in other words to getbthe spacing you didn't have to press Enter twice like this.

That's two 'Enters' yet the gap between paragraphs looks massive compared to just the single line you see displayed once you have hit the "Post" button.

Just hit "Enter" once, no gap. Whilst the cursor cannot be moved by the mouse like I said before it can be moved around by the navigation keys.

It's taken me about 10 tries to post this, what a pile of pooh. If an

employee of mine had put this together and deemed it acceptable he'd be

out of a job tomorrow !

Just sussed it.

The 'Post' link at the top of the post doesn't work but the one at the bottom does.

Sorry my VERY generous 4/10 just went to -1

For those of you using I.E.9, on the menu bar click on 'Tools' and uncheck 'Compatibility View' to remove the white space above the actual forum.  The problem I am having is I can't use my mouse to place my curser where I want it, have to use the arrows on the keyboard.

Rubbish update on the forum software, the designer needs a kick up the preverbial.

[quote user="suein56"][quote user="Clair"]For info, this is a screen grab, as seen via Firefox 11 (and it looks the same when using IE9):

[IMG]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q296/clair46/6e23de4e.png[/IMG][/quote]

Looks the same for me as for Clair, except I am still using FF 10.

Edit: Seems to post OK too; perhaps I have missed the teething troubles.

Edit 2: Edit appears to be functioning too. So far so good.

Edit 3: Having had a quick look around earlier I did not object to the changes but, on second longer look, I now find the narrow width very strange and the borders have become irritating.

Sue

[/quote]