Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???

YCCMB

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The forum has been re-launched with  the Living France, France and French Property News websites under the umbrella Complete France website and domain. The forum will be part of this new website so the URL will change although all old URLs will point to the new location. It will also mean that although the software isnt changing the forum will be able to be viewed and used on the CompleteFrance mobile site.

Logins etc will remain the same and will stay independent to the main site login.

Looks like there are some teething problems to me...anyone else having problems ?

Took me a while to get to the forum - had to click through the rest of the website. But maybe that's the idea?

Also my saved login and password had gone AWOL.

And the initial (old) URL location was an error message which after about 20 seconds automatically redirected to the new Complete France site.

Teething problems I'd say.

Why does it have a vast area of white space at the top of the page, so I have to scroll right down before I can see or do anything? I keeps jerking about up and down the screen.

My old bookmark took me straight into the active posts section, that no longer works and as mentioned above we now have to go in via the site home page, community page and login screen before I get anywhere near the bit I'm interested in. But maybe that's the idea?

[quote user="Will"]

Why does it have a vast area of white space at the top of the page, so I have to scroll right down before I can see or do anything? I keeps jerking about up and down the screen.

My old bookmark took me straight into the active posts section, that no longer works and as mentioned above we now have to go in via the site home page, community page and login screen before I get anywhere near the bit I'm interested in. But maybe that's the idea?

[/quote]I managed to get rid of the white area by clicking the compatability button in IE - Its the one that looks like a torn sheet of paper.

[quote user="Araucaria"]Took me a while to get to the forum - had to click through the rest of the website. But maybe that's the idea?

Also my saved login and password had gone AWOL.

And the initial (old) URL location was an error message which after about 20 seconds automatically redirected to the new Complete France site.

Teething problems I'd say.[/quote]

Same login problem here and I have been contacted by other users who are also having problems login in.

If anyone else is having a problem login in, email me and I'll try to help.

I'll need your username to find you.

Rabbie - just before I saw that I tried it in IE, and the white space problem didn't occur. But it wouldn't let me post a reply. I had the IE compatibility add-on in Firefox, which was necessary in order to get a properly-sized posting box and working hyperlinks. I have now disabled this and it works better, but I am still having to log in every time I want to do anything. There seems to be a caching issue, because I have to constantly refresh the index page to see if there have been any replies or new posts.

After having problems, finally found the forum. No warning here (or in the other place!) this morning that the forum was about to change! First post disappeared; trying a second. Don't like the clinical blue/white pages, don't like the acres of white space at the top. Firefox doesn't give me a torn page to try.

test

If I post in XP without the compatability activated I get no white section above but any post is not processed.

If I activate the compatability button then I get large white space above the active thread but it does process the message.

Maybe it works better with Vista.

IE8 + XP

Can we have our forum back please? Who ever designed this obviously has never looked at the old forum and will never look at the new one. In my opinion the graphics are appalling and the layout is cccrapppp. What's it all about, was this a joke exercise done by  failed graphics and design students sitting their  retakes? Yeah, I know I'm boring and can't keep pace with modern thinking, but I bet I'm not the only one who thinks this.

[quote user="pachapapa"]

If I post in XP without the compatability activated I get no white section above but any post is not processed.

If I activate the compatability button then I get large white space above the active thread but it does process the message.

[/quote]

That is quite correct, as I've just managed to find out!   [:-))]

[quote user="NickP"]Can we have our forum back please? Who ever designed this obviously has never looked at the old forum and will never look at the new one. In my opinion the graphics are appalling and the layout is cccrapppp. What's it all about, was this a joke exercise done by  failed graphics and design students sitting their  retakes? Yeah, I know I'm boring and can't keep pace with modern thinking, but I bet I'm not the only one who thinks this.[/quote]

Agreed - this is awful.