Resulttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.

britgirl

No more white bits here either.  But the right hand side of the posting box has disappeared and the left hand side of the index board too (it was there before.)  Plus, I still have almost as much lavender as forum.

However, slowly, slowly catchy monkey I suppose.

I cannot see much lavender, mainly trees on the edges of this page, but I like trees so no problem.

This page is 'very bright white', but I can live with that too.

In fact the board seems to be working now.

So thankyou, and I hope everyone else finds it OK too.

Having used the Ctrl and mouse wheel to expand the 'forum part' - which for me made the font too large I then went to the BBC website and then had to make the actual articles smaller using the CTRL and wheel.

So the BBC site is the same technology as this one but the sides are just white, not a nice country scene which I find very distracting - much better with just white sides.

Paul

Another result - I now see that since I last looked about 2 hours ago - we now have our underscores on our continuing pages.

Goodo - I think they ARE listening - though I'm still keeping my fingers crossed about the font size and the user panel info size ...

• 2 weeks later...
I hate to be a spoiler but the site still does not have the feel-good factor it used to.  It should be like the eagerness to read a Sunday paper whereas it is more like the chore of proof reading someone's work.

I think it is a combination of colours, font, space usage.

The one thing I do like about it.. which was part of the old one too.. is the bold message title of the latest new message for each section on the main menu.

responses using the "quote" buttoin still do not render properly in Chome ( The html tags get displayed, rather than processed !)

My other gripe is that the top of the page is still a mess in terms of the delineation between forum and other parts of the site. There is a another popular french forum (you all know it) that has managed to provide a much cleaner graphical integration of the forum into an overall site, such that it is very obvious when you are within the forum and when you are elsewhere. I would urge Complete France to please take note.

PS also lavendar is still extremely annoying.Lets see all (transparency) of it or none of it please.