How to post an icon?

nectarine

I'd like to add a smiley to the end of my message, but I click on the icon I want but it doesn't add to my message. Very odd ... it works in some other forums of which I am a member. I'm using Google Chrome as my browser ... does that make a difference.

OK, I'm trying again to add a smiley HERE (nope nothing came out) but don't think it has added at all. Help ... my posts are so dull and boring without something to cheer them up!

This is a smiley test on Chrome...

Unfortunately, the only smileys (icons) I see with Chrome are the post icons, at the bottoms of the box.

I cannot see the styling bar, which is where the text smileys are:

[IMG]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q296/clair46/21a50030.jpg[/IMG]

Bizaarely if you click on the smilies at the bottom they dont post, it would appear that they are just there to show you what they look like and if you hover over themthen you will know what name to select from the "insert smiley" drop down from the top of the screen.

bloomin stupid but I think its always been like that!

[quote user="Chancer"]

Bizaarely if you click on the smilies at the bottom they dont post, it would appear that they are just there to show you what they look like and if you hover over themthen you will know what name to select from the "insert smiley" drop down from the top of the screen.

bloomin stupid but I think its always been like that!

[/quote]

The posts at the end are shown in the header of your post, those in the drop down box go in the text.

I had never been able to get a smiley in here, always used those that are available form other sites like [img]http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/cool/cool0012.gifg[/img] and typing in the img bit. Though eve nthat isn't working as seen by the fact the smiley is not visible.

[8-) This one I tried from here and it didn't work, hey ho . . .