More Forum Woes, login fail, and change login fail?

I have had several occasions when my automatic login to the forum has dropped out and initial attempt with my password to log-on rejected, sometimes a second or third attempt will work (I'm fairly confident I use the same password)[8-)]

However today that did not happen, so I requested my 'forgotten' password to receive the gobbledegook below and successfully logged on, however I then attempted to change the password Despite complying with the original login, and then attempting to change the gobbledegook to my own password the link does not work, taking me through the Archant ‘’this page does exist’’ and then to magazine subscription page! Finally I attempt the perverse ‘’reply to this e-mail at [email protected]; which of course failed.

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

[email protected]

I then attempted to contact the Forum administrator and received

''This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

[email protected]

Please advise how I might change my password from the gobbledegook to my own,
I am puzzled as to the number of times that my automatic log-in is cancelled and my (only) password rejected?

Thanks

John

Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 7:04 AM

Subject: (France Forum) Forgotten Password

just john,

You requested that your password for France Forum be sent to you via
email. For security reasons, we have created a new random password
for you to use to log back into the forums.

Your password is:

Password: Gobbledegook

If you have problems with the above password, try copying and pasting
the above into the password box using the link below, it may be that
you do not have all the characters correct.

If you still have a problem using the new password then please contact
the forum administrator by replying to this email.

You can login here:
http://services.completefrance.com/forums/completefrance/cs/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/forums/completefrance/cs

After logging in you can change your password here:
http://services.completefrance.com/forums/completefrance/cs/user/ChangePassword.aspx

If you did not request this password change, please reply ASAP to
inform an administrator.

Thanks,
France Forum team

[quote user="just john "]Please advise how I might change my password from the gobbledegook to my own,
I am puzzled as to the number of times that my automatic log-in is cancelled and my (only) password rejected?[/quote]

JJ, got your PM.

To change the auto-generated password to one of your choosing:

go to your profile (top right, where it says Edit your details, next to your username) - new page

look top left, under your avatar and select Change password.

Sorry, I don't know why you're having problems... I have only had to reset one other password in weeks now... [blink]

Thanks Clair for your response, and at last I have changed my password through the route you suggested, though after a variety of passwords provided, (with some crossover) and a final e-mail :-

Your password at France Forum has been changed.

You can login here:
http://services.completefrance.com/forums/completefrance/cs/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/forums/completefrance/cs

After logging in you can change your password here:
http://services.completefrance.com/forums/completefrance/cs/user/ChangePassword.aspx

If you did not request this password change, please reply ASAP to
inform an administrator.

Thanks,
France Forum team

leading to this, (Klunky to say the least)

We couldn't find the page you asked for

The page you asked for either doesn't exist or has moved.

You will be automatically redirected to the site homepage in a few seconds.

[quote user="Rabbie"]I may be tempting fate here but my autologin has worked perfectly since the recent changes to the forum. Prior to that it quite often logged me out and I had to login manually again.[/quote]I clearly was tempting fate as I found it impossible to access the forum yesterday evening. Was any one else having similar problems

[quote user="Rabbie"]I clearly was tempting fate as I found it impossible to access the forum yesterday evening. Was any one else having similar problems[/quote]I don't use the 'puter in the evenings so I don't know.  However, it would be good to think that when the system went down it was because somebody was beavering away to correct all the problems the new style forum still has after several weeks.  But alas no.  I guess nobody cares about what we think. 

Time to start e-mailing the advertisers, methinks.  I wonder how much forum traffic has altered since the "upgrade" (ha!)  I detect the fact that a number of regulars no longer post, or is that just an impression?  Maybe they can't log in either.  I had the same problems as JJ but happily the mods intervened but only because I know how to get hold of them via back channels.  Not  a great situation.

[quote user="Rabbie"][quote user="Rabbie"]I may be tempting fate here but my autologin has worked perfectly since the recent changes to the forum. Prior to that it quite often logged me out and I had to login manually again.[/quote]I clearly was tempting fate as I found it impossible to access the forum yesterday evening. Was any one else having similar problems[/quote]

Whilst watching the debate I paused on the forum to find that I was logged out, that clicking on a post eventually gave a blank screen, that the only way to access a particular post was by navigating via the thread title, that the log-in did not work, that the forgotten password didnt work, that the reregister didnt work; later in the evening the complete site was inaccessible.

The forum was deprived of an online commentary of the performance of the "little man".

[quote user="pachapapa"]

The forum was deprived of an online commentary of the performance of the "little man".

[/quote]

Watching le petit Nicolas on TV was quite enough for me.

An online commentary would really have been over egging the pudding, Pacha.