Links

Windows 7, Firefox 12.0

I'm probably repeating something which has been dealt with (or not) several times previously, but as I've both changed computers, and the forum has changed beyond recognition since, I thought I'd just ask anyway.

This is the only forum I visit where, when I click on a link, it doesn't open in a new tab. It's also the only forum I visit where, if I want to post a link, clicking on the icon doesn't work for me and I have to physically type in the [url] [/url] before and after my link to make it work.

Before anyone kindly points this out to me, I am aware that I can right-click on a link to get the option to open it in a separate tab, but as I don't have to do it elsewhere, I frequently forget to do it here and find after viewing the link that I've navigated away from the forum, involuntarily...

I can live with the above (I am living with it) but just wondered if there was a way to remedy it?

[quote user="You can call me Betty"]Windows 7, Firefox 12.0

This is the only forum I visit where, when I click on a link, it doesn't open in a new tab.[/quote]

This has nothing to do with your computer or your browser, and everything to do with the forum software.

"Modern" software allows the option to "open links in a new tab" to be written in their coding without any input from the user. This software is ancient (Windows 95?) and, as far as I am aware, the code just isn't there or hasn't been tweaked.

This could be done by adding target="_blank" to the link tag , but forum members don't have access to the HTML view to do that... [:(] (Mods do.)

[quote user="You can call me Betty"]Windows 7, Firefox 12.0

It's also the only forum I visit where, if I want to post a link, clicking on the icon doesn't work for me and I have to physically type in the [url] [/url] before and after my link to make it work.[/quote]

I have the same set-up (W7/FF12) and I use the "create"link" button to enter the path.

Sorry, I can't help with that one...[:(]