background faded

Patf

[quote user="Patf"]I've just noticed that the scenic background has been made less dominant, so that the forum stands out better - good!

Hoping I'm not behind-hand with this.

[/quote]

So it has -  much better - but I still need to expand the screen until the background disappears so that I can read the text!!.

[quote user="NormanH"]Have you tried Clair's tip of pressing control key and using the mousewheel to increase the size?[/quote]Yes, I can do this – or at least the Mac equivalent, which is the "command" key together with the plus sign, as often as necessary.  The problem is that if I do it often enough to make the text easily readable, the image becomes too wide for the screen, so I have to move back and forth to read it.

I believe that too many sites are designed by young people with no knowledge of the reading difficulties that come with age.  (Glasses don't cure all problems.)  And the same applies to product labels, instruction leaflets, etc.

I'll stop now, before this becomes a disagreeable rant.

[quote user="NormanH"]Have you tried Clair's tip of pressing control key and using the mousewheel to increase the size?

[/quote]

Sheesh! that makes a big difference - thanks to Clair and Norman.

[quote user="allanb"][quote user="NormanH"]Have you tried Clair's tip of pressing control key and using the mousewheel to increase the size?[/quote]Yes, I can do this – or at least the Mac equivalent, which is the "command" key together with the plus sign, as often as necessary.  The problem is that if I do it often enough to make the text easily readable, the image becomes too wide for the screen, so I have to move back and forth to read it.

I believe that too many sites are designed by young people with no knowledge of the reading difficulties that come with age.  (Glasses don't cure all problems.)  And the same applies to product labels, instruction leaflets, etc.

I'll stop now, before this becomes a disagreeable rant.

[/quote]

Indeed Allanb,

Also on a Mac and also been doing that since the new "design".  I think I said just what you have in one of my posts when comments were requested ....designed by young people, with not idea or experience of useablity for people, not nec old, with visual difficulties.

Shame there is not a chain of Specsavers in France [:D]

Perhaps larger monitors would help - and, when buying a laptop making sure that it will run an external monitor.

Yes, certainly prefer the faded background.

Paul