Login problems

allanb

When I use my usual e-mail address and password, the forum is no longer reacting in any way to the "login" command – neither the little one on the "latest news" line, not the one further down on the blue line.  (I got to the forum by following a link in an e-mail.)

It does, however, react to the "register" command.  So I have registered again using a different name and e-mail address.  I'm going to post this and then log out and try again in my normal identity. 

If it works next time, I'll assume it was just a hiccup in the system, and I'll come back and delete this message.  So if it can still be read after about 12:40 today (May 23) then it's a request for advice.

This is bizarre.  I posted the preceding message using a different name (allanbee instead of allanb) but it appeared, as you can see, as if it came from allanb.

Then the system wouldn't let me log out – as with "login", it just didn't respond.  I had to close down the browser. Then I restarted it and this time, as soon as I entered the forum address, it welcomed me without even asking who I was.

I'll keep trying.  Maybe the problem has gone away.

No, it hasn't.  Now when I try to log out I get messages :

(1) "Post not found – The post you requested cannot be found or no longer exists. The administrator or moderator may have deleted the post"

(2) "The resource you have requested does not exist"

?

Don't quite have your log-in problems but some of my posts simply dissapear.

More often than not, I don't bother posting again as nothing that I have to say has that much importance!

The system is very sluggish compared to previously and the way the page keeps moving up the screen and you have to keep persuading it to come down sufficiently in order to read the contents is totally off-putting.

I have been getting a "page not found" message or even a completely blank page on occasion.

I contacted Forum Admin at first, but stopped doing so after the first week of the problem occurring...

No problem with login, page moving up and down the screen or post disappearing though [:)]