Had I wished to break into the Kremlin

YCCMB

...I would have found it easier!

Earlier on, I decided to perform my regular computer cleanup, using CCleaner and doing a defragment.

Coming home from work, I tried to log back in here, as all my cookies had been expunged. None of the login buttons worked, then I was told my name/password were wrong, then I was told that my account was inactive, then I re-registered, then I received a new activation code, then I got taken round in ever-decreasing circles, and eventually, by dint of struggle and perseverance, I got back in.

I wonder whether the lack of posts and/or new members could perhaps be to do with many thinking that life is just too short for all that?

[quote user="You can call me Betty"].  I was told my name/password were wrong, then I was told that my account was inactive, then I re-registered, then I received a new activation code, then I got taken round in ever-decreasing circles, and eventually, by dint of struggle and perseverance, I got back in. I wonder whether the lack of posts and/or new members could perhaps be to do with many thinking that life is just too short for all that?
[/quote]

deja-vu . . . my experience and thoughts too, though mine seems to have settled down a bit now

AND AGAIN!,
I've lost count but it has just occurred again; logging in with a password I know to be correct, access denied,
and all through the whole procedure again, so state password forgotten, wait for e-mail, log-in with new temporary password and then log out and reset password back to original and finally logged, I'm so consumed by this ongoing problem I'd forgotten why I bothered to log-in, is there any point posting this ongoing glitch? I wonder how many others . . .

A tip for the future.

If you are certain_sure that you are using the right email and password combo to log in, and still keep getting that error message, try typing your password in capitals.  It really should not make a difference, the passwords are supposed to be case-blind, except that sometimes they are not [:'(]

I know this to be true, happens to me all the time!