Google chrome and quotes

Debra

I made a post on the forum earlier in Firefox, which promptly froze so I couldn't correct a typo. I gave up and came onto the forum via Google Chrome and corrected the error - only to find that all the quote boxes in the post got corrupted after I submitted the edit.  I recognised what I see on other people's posts sometimes so I guess they are using Chrome and getting the same problem.  Is there no fix for this?

Debra, for some reason the forum's software doesn't work properly in Chrome, which is now my default browser. I can either open IE9 and comment using that, or use the Chrome plug-in which I downloaded  and which gives me an IE-based tab, which allows the forum to display properly. In both cases I can get the quotes function to work as it should.

I had hoped that the forum upgrade would remove this need to use an IE display with Chrome, but it hasn't happened. Since Chrome is now one of the most widely-used browsers and has almost overtaken IE in popularity, it does seem short-sighted for the forum to use software which won't display or work properly in Chrome.