floppy drive

Dave&Olive

Hi Ok

I need to put a floppy drive on the pc  ,  thought an external one to usb would be the easy route but I am running Windows 7 and it looks like most do not want to play ....can some one recomend one that will work with   windows 7

Thanks Dave

Hi Ok

funny this is what I  read on the drive  Quote

I received my Gembird USB Floppy reader (with no CD as I read in other reviews) plugged it into PC port, my new Windows 7 pc recognised it in aeconds, but no joy with reading ANY of my floppys, everytime it asked to 'format the disk first' but I wasnt ever going to do that and risk losing my files, so its back to Amazon this Gembird will be flying.

Dave

Hi

On that Amazon link there was one adverse review, but 15 others all very pleased with it. I think that tells me that Mr Grumpy was probably doing something wrong.

If you've got a load of disks to read I reckon it's worth the £13 to try it, and if it doesn't work, send it back. I can't remember when floppy drives stopped being supported but it must be about 10 years ago; I know that I had dumped all my disks before moving here 9 years ago. If you wait much longer you won't find any peripherals left. Massive capacity eh, 1.44MB !