Help please

Bugsy

On Firefox the 'Log in' on the forum page is greyed-out meaning I can't Log-in.

I have reloaded Firefox and the forum bookmark but still no go.

I am using Safari OK but I can't load photos etc with Safari.

Any advice welcome thanks

Well, I just logged in using Firefox, no problems.

Note that you have to use the Login hotspot on the blue bar, last line of the header block and not the 'Login' link so invitingly placed just below the banner

Then when you want to post, the cursor doesn't always appear in the text box but you can type OK

Thanks Pierre,

Its the Login on the blue bar I'm trying to use - the cursor doesn't change to a 'hand' and I can't get it to register at all.

I've just downloaded Chrome and it is giving me the same problem.

'Login-Join-Settings' all don't work. Everything else on the page does

Wierd given it works in Safari.

I get this - A LOT - with this forum and Firefox. It often happens if I clean my cache and cookies and have to re-log in to all my "normal" sites.

One workaround I've found is that if you are not logged in, you can try replying to a post, at which point what usually happens (for me) is that I get a dialogue box informing me that I need to be logged in to post, and at the same time it helpfully provides me with the login box that I've (usually) spent ten minutes or so trying to get to using the "login" button that only works intermittently.

It's not a problem at your end, it's a problem with the forum. I've raised it before. That's another ten minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Betty, you are a STAR - that worked first time [:D]

and to prove it a photo

[URL=http://s129.photobucket.com/user/Bugbear2/media/P1000183_zpsdb408356.jpg.html][IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/Bugbear2/P1000183_zpsdb408356.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="You can call me Betty"]I get this - A LOT - with this forum and Firefox. It often happens if I clean my cache and cookies and have to re-log in to all my "normal" sites.

One workaround I've found is that if you are not logged in, you can try replying to a post, at which point what usually happens (for me) is that I get a dialogue box informing me that I need to be logged in to post, and at the same time it helpfully provides me with the login box that I've (usually) spent ten minutes or so trying to get to using the "login" button that only works intermittently.

It's not a problem at your end, it's a problem with the forum. I've raised it before. That's another ten minutes of my life I'll never get back.

[/quote]

I have the same problem when I view the forum in my iPad. And I use the same workaround... [:)]

Great workaround! Well done. I still think it's something on the local (user's) machine though, incompatible with the web software. If it happens after clearing your cache, doesn't that point to the change being made at your end, and not at the website? We've heard that the software driving the forum is ancient and not going to be updated. Other forums use the vBulletin forum software which is far superior.

Rhe issue tends to be that the "login" button at the top of the forum is not live. I'm not sure how that can be influenced by an individual's computer. In fact, when it's happened to me before I've tried on other computers and it's not been live on them, either. It's also happened to me when I haven't cleared the cache or my cookies. And it's happened on different browsers. But yes, I guess it's entirely possible that it could be the user's several machines and different browsers that are at fault.

Just done a check with Firefox. No problems in logging in to the Forum. The login button worked as it should.

I have checked the Forum pages with the W3 html format checker and there are many errors in the web content downloaded which can cause inconsistent results in browsers