Warning message from Windows

Rabbie

I have just started getting warning messages from Windows while viewing threads on this forum. It says "Scripts on this page are causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. Do you wish to continue running this script? Yes/No"

I haven't had this but I Googled it and found entries going back to 2004, so it's not new.

The simple answer seems to be to turn off script debugging in your browser. You don't say which version of Internet Explorer you have (I'm using IE 10) and the relevant option is in Tools (the little cogwheel symbol top right) then Internet Options, Advanced tab, and under the Browser heading tick "disable script debugging" (Internet Explorer). You could also tick "disable script debugging (other) too. I've also got "display a notification about every script error" unticked.

Just recently I've had a few changes made to my system without asking for them!  Nothing new there, then.

[quote user="sid"]

I haven't had this but I Googled it and found entries going back to 2004, so it's not new.

The simple answer seems to be to turn off script debugging in your browser. You don't say which version of Internet Explorer you have (I'm using IE 10) and the relevant option is in Tools (the little cogwheel symbol top right) then Internet Options, Advanced tab, and under the Browser heading tick "disable script debugging" (Internet Explorer). You could also tick "disable script debugging (other) too. I've also got "display a notification about every script error" unticked.

Just recently I've had a few changes made to my system without asking for them!  Nothing new there, then. [/quote]

I get similar messages, but only when viewing pages, typically of online newspapers, containing lots of other spurious junk, which I put down to a shortage of RAM in my pretty old system (WXP, installed about 2007).

I checked my browser (IE8) settings, and they are already the same as yours.