No new posts for 12 hours

Rabbie

[quote user="Pickles"]I tried to read and post yesterday evening and earlier this morning: the response time was so slow that the system kept timing out.
[/quote]

Yes, things have been slow for the last couple of days. I guess Norman has his hand on the brake or there is a spring clean going on. It discourages posting too I think, which is a pity as France is going nuts.

[quote user="Quillan"]Seems OK to me.[/quote]

Which? France or the website?

If the website then yes, things have settled down since about 10:30 am. For about 12 hours prior to that, the response time could be measured with a calendar.

If France, then well maybe the insurrection that WB is seeing (or causing?) hasn't reached your neck of the woods yet.

• 4 weeks later...
[quote user="woolybanana"]Anyway, it seems everyone is still in bed this morning?[/quote]

Have just switched all sensitive electric stuff back on after a real doozy of an electrical storm; all flashing lights and thunderous claps which has been doing the rounds hereabouts since before 7am.

Even so we have had only a tiny drizzle of rain. We could do with some actual real rain as the garden is still very dry.

Sue

[quote user="AnOther"]With it's low number of daily post's the whole forum seems to be in decline.

The other major competitor manages 3x as many.

[/quote]

Usually because the idiotic inaccuracies of some posters need correction and that generates false debate.

There is sometimes disagreement here, usually over UK politics, but the information given is largely correct and so there is less need for clarification.

The other forum has a lot of posts from one well known person which seldom get answers, mainly referring to stuff that happens in France. Remove those from the count and they are probably not far off our count.

YCCMB, weren't you a mod over there under another name?

Someone on that forum must have taken a short break recently, either that or their computer wasnt working, there were a lot less posts and for me at least it was a lot easier to navigate and the replies to posts a lot easier to read and understand if you follow my drift.

• 2 months later...