trying something with the new forum

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope.

FuCKING PATHETIC!

All that effort put into a shiny new look for the forum and IT IS STILL NOT COMPATIBLE WITH GOOGLE CHROME, THE MOST POPULAR INTERNET BROWSER IN EXISTENCE..

Oh and speaking of a shiny new look for the forum what fucking imbecile designed this one?

You know what forums are for? serious question to the web designers - do you know what the point of this forum is?

I will clue you in.....its for people to discuss things via the medium of text.

So how about NOT HAVING ALL THE TEXT CRAMMED INTO THE CENTRAL THIRD OF THE SCREEN WITH THE REST OF THE SPACE WASTED ON POINTLESS SH1TE LIKE BACKGROUND IMAGES AND MASSIVE ICONS NOBODY IS EVER GOING TO CLICK.

Dreadful new layout. With the old one I could run my eye down and see new topics and comments in the sections that interested me. Now I have to go on active topics and they are all jumbled up. Why do people have to 'improve' something that didn't need improving and always make it worse???

[quote user="dave21478"]Well, at least it still works with Firefox.

I am surprised we dont have to revert back to Windows95 and Netscape Navigator.

[/quote]

That's because firefox seems to be a better browser and I am sure it's more popular than chrome.

Still Dave have to agree "what is the point" and on a mobile device it must be unreadable with the tiny page.

If it isn't broke don't fix it or at least unless you can do a proper job of it don't bother. I bet someones going to earn a bonus for this [blink]

I kow they are the most important thing on the page the the huge multy coloured box adverts to the right of the text. But I found the images on the edge of my vision while trying to read Dave's text an irritating distraction.I could do without ...

Isnt it called a "new and enhanced user experience" [:P]

No warning of this one.

Actually for me it is better, I have lost all the rubbish that used to be down the side of the screen, I cant see any adverts, the forum is now the whole width of the page and probably because of that the text is larger and easier to read, the white background is a bit bright though.

So either they have heeded Daves comments or I am Lucky to be using Internet Explorer.

I have no doubt this is but a temporary elbeit welcome aberration and pretty soon the page will become plastered with adverts probably flashing away, no doubt unwanted audio ads shouting from my speaker and the forum will shrink to a tiny unreadable window.

If they want lessons on how to really **** things up whilst calling it an enhanced user experience they need only look at another popular French forum.

If I scroll down all the Junk is at the bottom and off my screen, it occupies a volume 5 times bigger than the actual forum, I bet by the end of this morning it will be at the top and I will have to scroll down to find the forum.

[quote user="Chancer"]

Isnt it called a "new and enhanced user experience" [:P]

No warning of this one.

Actually for me it is better, I have lost all the rubbish that used to be down the side of the screen, I cant see any adverts, the forum is now the whole width of the page and probably because of that the text is larger and easier to read, the white background is a bit bright though.

So either they have heeded Daves comments or I am Lucky to be using Internet Explorer.

I have no doubt this is but a temporary elbeit welcome aberration and pretty soon the page will become plastered with adverts probably flashing away, no doubt unwanted audio ads shouting from my speaker and the forum will shrink to a tiny unreadable window.

If they want lessons on how to really **** things up whilst calling it an enhanced user experience they need only look at another popular French forum.

If I scroll down all the Junk is at the bottom and off my screen, it occupies a volume 5 times bigger than the actual forum, I bet by the end of this morning it will be at the top and I will have to scroll down to find the forum.

[/quote]

My word, the quote function just fills the page with gibberish code, I think Frederic quoted me but lord only knows what he may have said because I cant find it amongst all the gibberish.

And when I log on I cannot actually see that there is a forum, the top of the page is just one banner ad that flashes and changes, some other rubbish and I have to scroll down to find anything, looks like one Of the French newspaper sites.

I have just tried it with Google Chrome.

Seems that the ****wits that have spoiled most other forums have now turned their attention to this one, my smallest post it notes are bigger than the area that I am supposed to type in or that remains on the page for the forum.

It is terrible. I am using Firefox.  When first logging on loads of the sections look as if there is a new post (bold wording) but then one realises that they are old but showing in bold as the last one.

Ghastly, ghastly.

I may be reduced to trying Internet Explorer which I hate...

Cancer I tried to see if the code would vanish after this update using your post ...but... NO

I dare not try to see if a link "Lights up " now ....I could never get it to happen for me and others had the same problem ....has that been fixed ?

[quote user="dave21478"]Nope. FuCKING PATHETIC! All that effort put into a shiny new look for the forum and IT IS STILL NOT COMPATIBLE WITH GOOGLE CHROME, THE MOST POPULAR INTERNET BROWSER IN EXISTENCE.. Oh and speaking of a shiny new look for the forum what fucking imbecile designed this one? You know what forums are for? serious question to the web designers - do you know what the point of this forum is? I will clue you in.....its for people to discuss things via the medium of text. So how about NOT HAVING ALL THE TEXT CRAMMED INTO THE CENTRAL THIRD OF THE SCREEN WITH THE REST OF THE SPACE WASTED ON POINTLESS SH1TE LIKE BACKGROUND IMAGES AND MASSIVE ICONS NOBODY IS EVER GOING TO CLICK.[/quote]

Using IE to look at the forum I no longer have the text crammed into the middle third. It now fills the whole width of the screen so it looks like someone has listened to you, Dave.

Doesn't work for me with Internet Explorer either ... please forum managers, bring back the forum that we're used to. We don't need the fancy lavender background image that does nothing except restrict the size of the forum texts. The huge icons on the right are, well, rather redundant ... just because you make them bigger doesn't mean they will be more popular. We know they are there but, like Grimsby, doesn't mean we want to visit them in our leisure time. Anyone in CompleteFrance reading these posts and listening to them and taking note?

[quote user="Rabbie"]

[quote user="dave21478"]Nope. FuCKING PATHETIC! All that effort put into a shiny new look for the forum and IT IS STILL NOT COMPATIBLE WITH GOOGLE CHROME, THE MOST POPULAR INTERNET BROWSER IN EXISTENCE.. Oh and speaking of a shiny new look for the forum what fucking imbecile designed this one? You know what forums are for? serious question to the web designers - do you know what the point of this forum is? I will clue you in.....its for people to discuss things via the medium of text. So how about NOT HAVING ALL THE TEXT CRAMMED INTO THE CENTRAL THIRD OF THE SCREEN WITH THE REST OF THE SPACE WASTED ON POINTLESS SH1TE LIKE BACKGROUND IMAGES AND MASSIVE ICONS NOBODY IS EVER GOING TO CLICK.[/quote]

Using IE to look at the forum I no longer have the text crammed into the middle third. It now fills the whole width of the screen so it looks like someone has listened to you, Dave.

[/quote]Now using Chrome and it is cramming the text as per Dave's Screen shot. Unfortunately the Quote function is not compatible with Chrome or my ipad. Just get a mass of raw HTML. Quote seems to work with IE.

I have just ran a forum page through the W3 validator and it only threw up 548 errors. Why don't they correct the coding faults rather than play around with the look. Get the basics right and then the rest will be much easier to fix

Truly pointless, apart from promoting the adverts better.

I tried to remove an advert and got "why? Don't you like it?"

Try holding Control and moving mouse wheel away from you - that gets rid of the side panel, makes the print bigger. But then you only get one or 2 posts one screen.

And all the adverts have shifted to the bottom ! [:@]