Britline bank advert

Patf

You mean the ad on the right of the screen? Had never noticed it but then I mentally screen out ads and for those which annoy me, I resolve never to buy their products if it can be helped.

I always treat products aimed at expats with great suspicion as they are imnvho not good value for money and I once had a snotty phone call with Britline which did not impress.

Don't let it annoy you, just don't notice it.

Still not seeing it in IE or Chrome both without blockers.

x2 on ignoring ads, the simple fact of them trying to ram them down my throat means I will never buy anything advertised on principal, 100% negative effect [:P]

And please don't give me the old rubbish 'the ads pay for the web site' because what I personally do will never make any difference to anybody or anything.

Never seen the ad either (we use Adblock plus).  What we do have are two whirling stars on the right of the page clearly trying to load - they never succeed...

A notaire I was talking to on Thursday said; "Why are you not using Britline?" I told him we had never felt the need and had opened our accounts at a local branch of Cr. Ag. when we bought our house in 1995.  He continues to think us very odd, but that is his problem.

• 3 weeks later...
I have just found out about Ghostery and that seems to be a goodun. You can block or allow what you want very easily and I'm running it along with Addblock+ OK. Spinning balls, but I've had those for a long time. Doctor said that when yer blockin yer ads they're there to stay [:-))]

But who cares?

I am beginning to feel really cheated!

Whether on iPad or desktop, I don't have any of the ads of which you all speak so loathingly.

There are a few inoffensive property ads down the right-hand column, and ads for the magazines, but never have I seen anything for Britline or similar. Maybe it knows I am already with the Crédit Lyonnais!

Or maybe these things don't pop up on a Mac for some reason?

Angela