Who are these people feasting on............

mint

the nearly dead forum?

Apologies for the melodrama but with the forum even more moribund than in its usual state of poor health during the summer, we now have these vultures, subtly and even blatantly, come in the shape of advertisers and self-serving types to feast upon the corpse.

I am put in mind of vultures because I have recently been walking on the Pyrenees and I saw vultures circling around poorly lambs and indeed the bare bones of animals picked clean by these birds of prey.

I wanted to report the two posts earlier this morning but the "report" button was not showing on the posts so I logged in again just now to see if they were still there in which case I would have tried harder to see where I could tell you. We could not belive that someone was actively trying to sell fake passports...

[quote user="Rabbie"]Mint, it would be helpful if you reported these posts. That way they are brought to our attention and we can delete them.[/quote]

Well, Rabbie, I reported one only yesterday and, as Hereford has pointed out, there was no report button and I had to go back later to have another go.

Hereford, you are right about the false passport, driving licenses, university degrees one.  They have tried before today.

I started this post deliberately to draw everyone's attention, not just that of the mods, to this pestilence.  I also deliberately used immoderate language to get my message across.

This forum has been part of my life since 2006 and I don't want these types sullying it.

Nimt, since you took holy orders you have become the soul of righteousness, so don't set yourself for the hot place down below by being immoderate.

However, you are right about intruders; if they come again I will set my doggies on them.

Alternatively, if one gets up late enough, the early risers have already removed the offending matter!

Don't worry, I don't mind deleting them. It is just easier for me to find them if they are reported otherwise I can miss them. Eyesight not so good at 72[:)]

At least the referendum has generated a reasonable number of posts so perhaps the forum is not as moribund  as its software