Has the Forum software been updated?

NormanH

[quote user="NormanH"]I couldn't get in at all for about three days, but now it seems much faster than before..

[/quote]

I'm not sure about the 'much' faster but certainly something has happened during the downtime as the site seems 'perkier' or a tad more responsive than before.

The proof will be when I try and 'quote' using my tablet, rather than the laptop I am using now.

Fingers crossed [:)].

Sue

Perkier, Sue?  I don't think so, for me it takes approx 4 to 5 x longer than normal just to read a post, never mind reply to it.

I have a workman prepping all the balcony woodwork prior to painting and I have been able to have a beer with him whilst waiting for the forum to become responsive[:'(]

Mint said : I'll try Chrome tomorrow.

My Firefox is racing along nicely, though our weather was a bit on the lukewarm side of hot this morning.?

Edit : Just tried quoting using my tablet and the result was as naff and as unreadable as before, but heyho.

Sue ?

I have received an email from the Archant digital editor to say there have been technical issues with the website and particularly with the forum. Their technical staff have been working to resolve these issues and seem to have succeeded. As I was unable to access the forum I could not post an update. Hopefully everything will be OK now

Yea, MIA for a couple of days and now seems slower than ever, doesn't seem much point in complaining because you get the same old trite platitudes.

Any site which requires you to switch browsers to make it usable is broken and not fit for purpose.

[quote user="Chancer"]

You dont have to look far to find who is to blame ...........................................

I so hope the Brexiteers are experiencing the pain their stupid short sightedness had brought on them, the country, and everybody

[/quote]

Yep; you can also blame Brexit for all those medals our wonderful girls and boys are winning in Rio.

IMO the success of our athletes in Rio is entirely due to a combination of natural talent and a lot of hard work and dedication. The only effect that political decisions have had on the results is to ensure they have had adequate funding.

Rabbie the funding for the athletes is from the lottery fund, OK it was a political decision years ago to set up the lottery but it's not political now, as the lottery is owned I believe by a Canadian teachers union. So the funding is not from the government, if it was we would be back to the good old days when we won Sweet *A. Mind you the drug cheats getting caught out may have helped a bit, remember the East German "women" they were scary?

Nickp, you are quite right. 75% of the sports funding does come from the lottery - the other 25% from the government. But it can be argued that the the decisions as how much money to give to each sport are political in nature even if not made by the government.

Rabbie, are the tech bods going to be doing some more tweaking of the software?

I have timed how long it takes to access the forum, about 2 minutes minimum just to get on the forum, then 3 minutes to access active topics and then a further 2 minutes to be able to write on it.

Just too tedious and I can't be bothered to hang about to see if it will load.

For this post, I was determined to get a message to you so perhaps you could "have a word"?  Anyone else having problems?

[quote user="idun"]Today I have both waited and waited and then I logged on again and everything was working very quickly, as it is now.

[/quote]

Thanks, id, good tip.  I logged out, took an unconscionable time (went to take a shower) came back and it said I had successfully logged out.

So logged in again and it's certainly improved.

Thanks, Rabbie, for your offer to look into this but I am hoping that all will now be back to normal for me[:)]